Talk

Advanced search

To expect work to be finished to a good standard?

(6 Posts)
NewChoos Tue 23-Aug-11 12:54:34

We had a new garage door fitted and some of the panels are dented. This was noted at the time and the local man who fitted it said he would arrange replacements. Several weeks later, we emailed him as he hadn't been in touch. No reply.... We then bumped into him while out walking and he said he's was waiting for the parts. This was 4 weeks ago.
I'm feeling quite cross (partly as I think as he was a pompous know it all and I think he thinks we're a soft touch so can get away without replacing them).

I feel we should now send a sterner email as we have paid in full (£1200!) and I think the work should be of a good standard for this price.

Or am I being unreasonable as the dents aren't too bad and the door still works.
Sorry for boring AIBU but DH is bored of my inward rage about it grin

Madlizzy Tue 23-Aug-11 12:55:56

I would send a letter asking him to contact you within 7 working days in regard to the doors, otherwise you will be contacting trading standards.

nannyl Tue 23-Aug-11 12:59:19

YANBU

you ordered and expected to have nice doors and not dented ones, therefor that is what you should have.

If you were happy with dented doors, then i would expect to pay less than fullrpice.

Salmotrutta Tue 23-Aug-11 13:03:58

Did you pay upfront? If so, why?

Because I wouldn't have paid until the work was completed to my satisfaction.

NewChoos Tue 23-Aug-11 13:06:35

!/2 in advance, then rest on the day as really did't think there would be a problem with him replacing the panels (just cosmetic damage really so why haven't pushed about it too hard so far)
Naive maybe.....

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Tue 23-Aug-11 13:09:45

YANBU - your new garage doors should be perfect until you back into them.

If you don't get a satisfactory response to the letter suggested by lizzy visit www.consumerdirect.gov.uk and call the Helpline for further advice - Consumer Direct is effectively Trading Standards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now