Talk

Advanced search

to have called in sick today when I only work 2 days a week?

(13 Posts)
DaydreamDolly Tue 23-Aug-11 09:08:58

11 weeks pg, not one sick day since I returned to work in Sept 2010 had a terrible nights sleep last night and feel tired, sick and weak. Packed DD off to my mums as normal on a work day and am now back in bed. Can't shake the guilty feeling though, I only work 2 days a week! Not an option to do an extra day to make up for it due to childcare. So, AIBU? Or shall I get over it and go back to sleep grin

Lifeissweet Tue 23-Aug-11 09:12:13

Go back to sleep. You are not well. If you had gone in today, how productive would you have been? You can't arrange to be sick around your working days so as to never inconvenience anyone. Don't worry about it, just rest up, pamper yourself a bit and get some energy back so that you won't need more time off.

Sleep well!

Mitmoo Tue 23-Aug-11 09:13:07

Go back to sleep. YANBU

DaydreamDolly Tue 23-Aug-11 09:14:13

Phew thanks I'm such a wuss about such things, you are right, of course wise MNers!

Lifeissweet Tue 23-Aug-11 09:14:18

...and you can always comfort yourself with the thought that you are doing what your baby needs you to do. You can tell yourself that, if it was just you, you could have struggled in, but you are nurturing a new life which is more important than a single day at work and you need to look after the baby. Better?

Sofabitch Tue 23-Aug-11 09:15:00

I always feel like this. It's so hard when you are part time. I always feel guilty. But you need to look after yourself. YaNbu

DaydreamDolly Tue 23-Aug-11 09:15:45

lifeissweet thank you, that does make me feel a lot better!!

ObiWan Tue 23-Aug-11 09:20:11

If you're sick, you're sick.

If it helps, I think pregnancy related sickness/absence is treated more leniently, at my workplace it won't be counted in your overall sickness record.

Do they know that you're pregnant?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 23-Aug-11 09:24:09

I know the feeling oh so well! I am 9 + 2 and feel like death today. I childmind, though, so the kids are going to be in front of the telly most of the day. Probably will get slated for that!

OP, hope you get a good sleep and feel better soon!

DaydreamDolly Tue 23-Aug-11 09:42:24

obiwan they do know I'm pg, but I worry they'll think oh here we go, now she's pg she'll be unreliable.....
alliwant you poor thing too, hope the kiddies are kind to you today

ChippingIn Tue 23-Aug-11 09:45:19

Go to sleep! Stop faffing on here! It's not wrong to take a day off if you are sick - it doesn't matter if you work full time or part time really. But make the most of it while you have a day to yourself.

DaydreamDolly Tue 23-Aug-11 09:49:52

Chipping, thanks good advice, am putting the iPad down now! Na night smile

ChippingIn Tue 23-Aug-11 09:51:33

Night night
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now