Talk

Advanced search

to ask you to remember the TRUE meaning of the term Troll?

(7 Posts)
milkmilklemonade Tue 23-Aug-11 04:49:09

Next time you scream troll because someone forgot how much an ice cream cost or how many seconds it was past the hour when an event happened, remember this story. Ok so it is DM but the original story I read in the Kent local press was not as detailed.
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2028961/Judge-spares-mother-jail-plotted-attack-internet-troll-posted-horrific-comments-disabled-daughter.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Tue 23-Aug-11 06:44:26

YABU
just because there are really nasty trolls doesn't mean shit/boring/pointless trolls shouldn't be exposed. Not all trolls are the evil kind.

AfternoonDelight Tue 23-Aug-11 07:03:09

A troll is someone who is trying to get reactions from people when they post. Anyone commentating to their posts are being trolled and are falling right into their stupid little game.

If you ignore them they go away.

milkmilklemonade Tue 23-Aug-11 07:24:47

yes but people try to catch innocent posters on here by making sceptical faces and asking things like"so how exactly did you walk down the road, you stated that you put left foot first earlier and now are saying you are not absolutely certain. hmmm, I think you may be a troll"
I hate these self righteous proprietorial twats.

Mitmoo Tue 23-Aug-11 07:48:31

milkmilk I tottally agree with you these proprietorial twats actually do more harm to sites like this when they sent themselves up as the board police.

They simply don't have the intelligence to put themselves in a position of "superiority" and just make themselves look rather stupid. But they generally also hunt in numbers so drown out the same posters.

I was rather amused when one came after me yesterday, fortunately they were hunting as a single and other sane posters saw the self appointed troll hunter off. These morons wouldn't know a troll if it bit them up the behind.

To go to the earlier story, I have experienced the same kind of attacks on line with posters calling my HF autistic son a "window licker" saying I'd celebrate if he died and how he is a drain on the health service.

There are truly many ways to be a sick flecker on line sadly.

I'm glad the judge went lightly on them.

Mitmoo Tue 23-Aug-11 07:48:58

Sorry sane posters

GypsyMoth Tue 23-Aug-11 11:57:20

Board police?
Well here on mumsnet that's what we are! It's self moderating here where you report concerns rather than a moderator being here 24/7

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now