Talk

Advanced search

...for thinking that the Boden outfit in the current ad on MN is rank?

(87 Posts)
SpeedyGonzalez Mon 22-Aug-11 23:49:34

Denim shirt plus flowery granny cardie? On what planet is that not a crime of fashion?

<<faints>>

MissyMoo321 Mon 22-Aug-11 23:51:26

tbh all boden clothes are rank

Kayano Mon 22-Aug-11 23:52:27

Wtf is Boden? Is it a southern thing?

Perplexed

LineRunner Mon 22-Aug-11 23:52:53

So it's not just me, for once.

SpeedyGonzalez Mon 22-Aug-11 23:54:21

"Wtf is Boden? Is it a southern thing?"

I don't know why, but that line made me laugh till I cried!

strictlovingmum Mon 22-Aug-11 23:54:27

Agreegrin

GypsyMoth Mon 22-Aug-11 23:54:41

boden is getting common.....its ugly and unflattering and soooo dull!!

Kayano Mon 22-Aug-11 23:55:25

grin seriously I have never heard of it in my life

strictlovingmum Mon 22-Aug-11 23:56:23

No, it's mum(I have stopped being a woman, now I am only a mum) thinggrin

DogsBestFriend Mon 22-Aug-11 23:56:28

This is the least unreasonable post I've ever read!

catsareevil Mon 22-Aug-11 23:58:13

I dont think Boden are going to last much longer.

SpeedyGonzalez Mon 22-Aug-11 23:59:03

for Kayano grin

See? I dish out insults with the one hand and promote their website with the other. Never let it be said that I am not impartial.

I am also hypocritical. I find most model poses annoyingly stroppy-looking; I want to shout " smile, goddammit!". But when I look at Boden ads I equally want to say "stop looking so bloody smug, goddamit!"

<<throws up hands>>

Sometimes I despair of myself.

GypsyMoth Mon 22-Aug-11 23:59:32

is that your thoughts cats,or a real rumour? or is it fact?

SpeedyGonzalez Mon 22-Aug-11 23:59:39

cats - why? Because of my thread? grin

NorfolkBroad Tue 23-Aug-11 00:01:34

some of their stuff is ok but it's so overpriced. I can't afford any of it.

catsareevil Tue 23-Aug-11 00:07:01

No, it is my thought. I havent heard any rumour (much less any facts grin).
I feel the difficult economic situation combined with apparently lowered quality and poorer design this season will make things hard for them. The discounts that they have been offering over the last few months have an air of desperation about them (IMO) and so I wonder if they might fold.

GypsyMoth Tue 23-Aug-11 00:10:17

that flowery cardigan is the one for £59?

FreudianSlipper Tue 23-Aug-11 00:10:24

bodens women's have a certain look, comfortable with a splash of colour and oh so so dull and frumpy

i do not mind some of the boys clothes but do not like ds to look too boden kitted out, plus i do not spend that much on his cloths

GypsyMoth Tue 23-Aug-11 00:11:42

if Boden goes down lets hope they dont take mumsnet with them!! (Justines shop of choice i think)

chickydoo Tue 23-Aug-11 00:11:50

I know I'm dull, but I love Boden. The clothes fit, and mix and match. Ok it is not trendy, but I'm 40+++ size 8 quite tall, the clothes just look right. had stacks of compliments when wearing. My problem is I've been a Boden fan for 10 years, now all the Mums in playground are wearing it too. Has become like the mummy school uniform,unless you pick your items wisely.

SpeedyGonzalez Tue 23-Aug-11 00:15:16

chicky, don't be ashamed of your affliction grin. I too own a few Boden items, all bought in the sale, mind! But nowadays I buy all my clothes from Prada ebay.

grin

strictlovingmum Tue 23-Aug-11 00:15:27

Joke aside, I don't know where do boden designers get the inspiration from? floral cardi,knee length a line skirt, knee socks and all that for a sophisticated 21st century modern woman.
And everyone in that bloody catalogue(women, men, children) look like they have been pulled trough hedge backwards.

CheerfulYank Tue 23-Aug-11 00:18:02

I haven't ever gotten Boden clothes for myself though I do like the accessories...scarved, socks, etc. DS has a few Mini-Boden things. I think if I had a DD I would buy more.

No one in my part of the US wears the stuff so it's not too overdone here and no one recognizes it. They just look like cute, well-made clothing here. smile

CheerfulYank Tue 23-Aug-11 00:21:04

And I actually like the way the models in the catalog look. They look like normal people, albeit on the very pretty side of normal. smile

spiderslegs Tue 23-Aug-11 00:25:40

I've been meaning to start a thread about that horror for weeks - A ROSE PRINT CARDI OVER DENIM??? - Why? For the love of God, some-one tell me why?

Whenever I see children kitted out in head to toe Boden it makes me want to hurl.

& don't even talk to me about hotch-potch or 'fun' clothes.

I'm going for a lie-down, I feel quite weak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now