Talk

Advanced search

to be sad I'll never be pregnant again

(2 Posts)
pipoca Mon 22-Aug-11 15:55:18

even though I hate being pregnant. Saw some pix of Carla Bruni on the beach with a bump and felt all sad I'll never do that again. Stupid really cos I have a gorgeous 3 yo DS and 3 month old DD and I hate hate hate being pregnant (hyperemesis til 16 wks with DS and all the way through with DD) and I hate the sleep deprivation of the first few weeks. and yet...and yet...

BootyMum Mon 22-Aug-11 16:34:36

Completely understand.

I have a 2 year old and 6 month old. Am already considering number 3, DH is very unsure [he would I think be very happy to stop at 2]. Partly what is fuelling my deliberations is a sense of sadness that I will never get to experience being pregnant again.

Admittedly I had rather easy pregnancies but even so it was physically awkward and uncomfortable at times. However it was also awe inspiring and miraculous, that I was able to incubate a little human and then give birth to them. i loved my son's kicking and the scans and just the imagining what they would be like once born. And the excitement of the 20 week scan and discovering whether you were having a boy or girl and then the fun of choosing a name....

Yes, it makes me feel quite sad to think I may never have those experiences again. My two pregnancies were so exciting and such lovely memories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now