Talk

Advanced search

& just being a grumpy pregnant lady?

(7 Posts)
Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 22-Aug-11 14:56:11

I am at the hospital waiting to see my consultant & one women has brought her 2 young children with her to the antenatal clinic but has brought them nothing to do/play with etc. They have already flooded the floor by the water machine, climbed & jumped all over the chairs & tables & run up & down screaming at eachother. She just sits staring at the tv screen then every so often shouts at them. Am I being unreasonable to think she could at least try to occupy them, I know it is boring here, I'm an adult & I'm bored.
Probably am being a grump but my head is banging & fwiw I have 2 children & always bring stuff for them to do if they have to come along, as have other parents who have children here with them.

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Mon 22-Aug-11 14:57:25

Maybe she's there for an emergency appointment and has bigger things on her mind.

summertimeblews Mon 22-Aug-11 15:00:24

could you entertain them?

Dozer Mon 22-Aug-11 15:00:28

YABU. Maybe she's having the day from hell. Or worried about stuff. Or depressed and at the end of her tether.

Maybe she's just slack, but even if so, isn't that big a deal, they're not your kids so ignore!

cookielove Mon 22-Aug-11 15:07:10

Can sympathise, while waiting in a a&e i sat reading glaring at a oblivious mother while a young child reeked havoc, smashing the bin lid down really loudly, throwing crisps at people, running outside in the ambulance bay, she lost him a few times, he climbed over chairs, wrecked the childrens play area, and terrorised another little girl who was playing with her mother. Childs mother was on the phone texting. I think the child was also on a sugar high as she was giving him coke, and chocolate to keep him entertained.

Now that was bad.

EldritchCleavage Mon 22-Aug-11 15:12:36

It's very common, and I never understand it. It's easier to chuck a few things in a carrier bag for them than to have to deal with the havoc of their boredom.

I once did a 9 hour flight just in front of a family who had brought not one single toy, book, snack or comforter for their two toddlers, with predictable results.

Squiglettsmummy2bx Mon 22-Aug-11 15:18:36

Not emergency she lined up infront of me to book in. Their new game is stepping on the bit of the dustbin that opens it so your hands don't have to touch the bin then jumping back so it makes a big crash...over & over & over again. I actually tried to engage them in the hospitals bead frame & offered to read them a story book I had in my bag but they seem more intent on chaos. She may be having a bad day but does that mean the other 20+ pregnant woman here have to go home with headaches?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now