Talk

Advanced search

I need help re noisy neighbours

(2 Posts)
MrsVidic Mon 22-Aug-11 13:09:44

Well, I know IABU but I need advice on how to sort the situation out as I am at breaking point.

Disclaimer I have a 15 day old dd2 and a 2 year old dd1.

The neighbours next door are so loud! Initially when we moved in it was just a couple in their 50's- lovely couple, helpful etc. Their daughter then moved in with her 2 DS's- she's lovely- we used to chat a lot and still pass the time of day- do xmas cards etc.

I have no problem with them and I know its a situational thing. Her DC's are 2 and 5 and are very loud and tantrum lots. they spend the majority of the time outside in their garden (infact I am sure they must send the kids outside to have a tantrum). Our houses are semi detatched and we can hear everything! Also the parents shout more and louder than the kids- telling them off etc. They also look after at least 2 extra children in school holidays.

Her kids dont go to bed until 830pm- my dd goes at 6.30 and its really hard to get her to go down when she can hear them screaming next door. Also it makes putting her down for a nap really hard as they are so loud! They also move furniture early in the mornings when her dp stays over (5am) - you can hear this clearly from dd's room. Their house only has 3 bedrooms (1 used for a study) so they sleep in the lounge when he is over. This wakes my dd up - as this noise goes on for 5 mins by which time she is awake and demanding breakfast!

When I was preg I would just avoid being in the house on sunny days- take dd for walks to get her to nap etc but now dd2 s here I just want to ghet into a routine and sleep when dd1 naps- but the noise is preventing this.

I dont want to ask them to keep it down as I cant think of a reasonable way to put it- as they have every right to let the kids play outside in the sun but I need some rest- an over tired toddler is hell with a new born!!

I am not miserable honest- TIA

Shutupanddrive Mon 22-Aug-11 13:17:35

Oh poor you, sounds awful. Not sure there is much you can do about it though to be honest, but at least there are only a couple of weeks till they go back to school. Hopefully the extra children won't be there, and the 5yr old might go to bed a bit earlier as he will be in school?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now