Talk

Advanced search

I don't think so, but then I wouldn't would I?

(38 Posts)
PonceyMcPonce Sun 21-Aug-11 21:12:55

if you made decorations as part of a surprise celebration, properly sewn bunting, table cloth etc, all fabric, hemmed and sewn properly, saying happing birthday in applique letters, would you be a bit put out if people clearing up, put it in the bin?

Not an offer to give it back/recycle etc?

ll31 Sun 21-Aug-11 21:13:57

well I would only be put out if I'd asked them to give it back to be honest... mostly people cleaning up will clean up quickly - which means dumping everything in bin Id think

DancesWithWolefCubs Sun 21-Aug-11 21:14:00

I'd be seriously fucked off. YANBU at all.

fivegomadindorset Sun 21-Aug-11 21:14:33

More than a bit.

PonceyMcPonce Sun 21-Aug-11 21:16:22

Paper stuff, fine, but really, dumping a fabric tablecloth? Do these people wear disposable clothes?

That would seriously give me the massive arse.

DontGoCurly Sun 21-Aug-11 21:16:44

They threw a fabric table cloth and bunting in the bin shock

Are they thick ?

Demand that you want it returned!

BluddyMoFo Sun 21-Aug-11 21:16:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rowena8482 Sun 21-Aug-11 21:17:14

I would be deeply deeply peeved pissed off and making my mouth go about ignorant ungrateful fuckers and would have ostentatiously rescued it from the bin, chuntering loudly all the while. I would have asked if "whoever" wanted to save a plastic tablecloth tbh, dirty plates/cups/cutlery that are paper or plastic, I would bin, but anything else, decorations, jugs, glasses, anything else, I would ask what was to be done with them.
My nanna always washes paper plates/plastic cups etc bless her, "so we can use them again" and I guess it rubbed off a bit...

PonceyMcPonce Sun 21-Aug-11 21:18:31

No booze. Kids party. I fished it out of bin bags and have washed it and it will be ok. It just seemed so rude and wasteful

SuePurblybilt Sun 21-Aug-11 21:19:25

I would be steaming mad. Did you get it back and can I borrow it?

BeerTricksPotter Sun 21-Aug-11 21:19:46

FoundWanting Sun 21-Aug-11 21:20:29

Shockingly wasteful.

But I enjoyed Rowena's use of chuntering there. Something that I, and my DS, do a lot of.

Can't beat a good chunter IMO.

BluddyMoFo Sun 21-Aug-11 21:20:57

ThatllDoPig Sun 21-Aug-11 21:21:23

Thats really sad. How ungrateful, it must have taken you hours to make all that from scratch. Hope you got it back and its all ok.
YANBU at all.

PonceyMcPonce Sun 21-Aug-11 21:23:15

I did some high pitched 'you really thought that was rubbish, did you?'
Was done by the aunt of the birthday child, so I could not help but wonder if it was a bit snidey.

Made it in yellow and green so I could use it endlessly in traditional/cheapskate way for girls or boys

TheSkiingGardener Sun 21-Aug-11 21:23:22

How rude and ungrateful. Glad you got it back. Don't lend it to the ungrateful sods again.

PonceyMcPonce Sun 21-Aug-11 21:24:00

Mostly pg people there. Trust me, I was searching kitchen for wine

lydiamama Sun 21-Aug-11 21:25:54

i would be angry at that, I imagine it was a mistake, tyding up quickly, lack of sleep probably.............
Good that you got it back, now keep it save at home for your own family partiessmile

Rowena8482 Sun 21-Aug-11 21:26:09

wine for Poncey - deep breath, large gulp, this too shall pass!

CaptainNancy Sun 21-Aug-11 21:26:31

shock Am speechless! Outrageous behaviour. I'm very angry on your behalf- is this 'aunt' your sister/SIL, or did you make it all as a favour to a friend?

TrillianAstra Sun 21-Aug-11 21:27:02

Fabric tablecloth? Only an idiot would bin that.

trixymalixy Sun 21-Aug-11 21:27:37

YANBU, what an odd thing to do.

sunbear Sun 21-Aug-11 21:30:51

people 'sew' bunting parties??

PonceyMcPonce Sun 21-Aug-11 21:32:10

Favour to a friend. Hence aunt does not know me. I just got the vibe I was overstepping the mark onto her territory and this was putting me in my place. Could all be in my mind though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now