Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to wish my neighbour would stop pissing in the garden?

(23 Posts)
maristella Sun 21-Aug-11 20:58:53

He does it most summer evenings <vomit> It's right outside the back door, right by my fence, but not against it thankfully. Less than 2 metres from my living room window, and if it's quiet in my house and the wondow is open I get to hear it when I'm inside. They have chickens (I know that some people put human wee near their chickens to deter foxes) but the chickens are about 20 metres away from where he pisses, and foxes are unlikely to be a problem as they have cats and a jack russell.

He was doing it yesterday when a friend was over and she was horrified!
Could bloody smell it too angry

Backstory: he is an alcoholic (told me he drinks 10 cans every night) and is generally a bit rough. I've been to their house once and their toilet is upstairs, but seriously if the amount you drink hinders your efforts to get upstairs to the toilet on time you either drink less or drink upstairs?

I'm not sure how to approach this, it's a ridiculous conversation to be having with someone, and his wife can be a nasty old bitch at the best of times confused

Sofabitch Sun 21-Aug-11 21:00:12

Its gross but it's his own garden.

needanewname Sun 21-Aug-11 21:01:16

How about shouting, we can hear you

slipmate Sun 21-Aug-11 21:01:21

perhaps they are on a water meter

needanewname Sun 21-Aug-11 21:01:31

Although that might encourage him I suppose!

TiaMariaandDietCoke Sun 21-Aug-11 21:02:49

Yell "we can seeeee you!!!!" every time he does it? eugh! it is gross!!

TiaMariaandDietCoke Sun 21-Aug-11 21:03:33

x post! and must admit I wondered the same about encouraging him!

IAmTheCookieMonster Sun 21-Aug-11 21:10:06

Surely if you can smell it in your house that counts as antisocial behaviour even if it is in his garden. I'd ring the council and make enquiries!

maristella Sun 21-Aug-11 21:15:11

I had always wondered what would happen if I happened to have guests around when he does it, because a few of my friends and family would have been quite vocal with their disgust! But my poor friend yesterday was lierally shocked into horrified silence shock he even did a little 'aaaahh' at the end!

maristella Sun 21-Aug-11 21:15:36

*literally

maristella Sun 21-Aug-11 21:17:00

slipmate I had not thought of that, but I can't imagine they would be.

BluddyMoFo Sun 21-Aug-11 21:18:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sofabitch Sun 21-Aug-11 21:19:50

Maybe he has been reading the telegraph
www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/debates/6560930/Should-gardeners-urinate-outdoors.html

carpwidow Sun 21-Aug-11 21:21:06

what is an x post? Saw that yesterday and don't know what it means.

blowninonabreeze Sun 21-Aug-11 21:22:15

You could try renaming your wifi to "pleasestoppeeinginyourgardenit'smanky" and see if he gets the hint?

Sofabitch Sun 21-Aug-11 21:24:43

Cross post. Where 2 people post the same/similar things at the same time.

carpwidow Sun 21-Aug-11 21:26:30

Thanks sofabitch I'll leave my granny peeing for another week then ;)

Rowena8482 Sun 21-Aug-11 21:28:26

Pretend conversation, loudly with window open, with anyone you can rope in to play the other part... "Oh listen, there's next door pissing again" "Quick, film him, we can put it on youtube and everyone will see what a twat he is" "oh yeah, and we can send it to You've been framed and get the money"

33goingon64 Sun 21-Aug-11 21:51:50

Invite him to pee in your compost heap. Male urine helps break it down more quickly.

tallwivglasses Sun 21-Aug-11 21:58:41

Only male piss?

Damnit blush

maristella Sun 21-Aug-11 22:05:01

I had thought about a staged loud conversation "does that sound like someone pissing in their garden?" "goodness me, yes it does, how disgusting!" lol but my friend's eyeballs actually nearly fell out she was so shocked! I've also thought of mentioning it to them in passing, asking if they've heard someone pissing in their gardens too grin

maristella Sun 21-Aug-11 22:05:44

33 I really don't want him getting his wanger out in my garden confused

joric Sun 21-Aug-11 22:09:08

He's an alcoholic... V unpleasant for you OP but I imagine it will continue to happen. Won't go into it but my friend's dad ( also alcoholic) did this and far worse sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now