Talk

Advanced search

To never wear a bra again

(63 Posts)
kendalmintcake Sun 21-Aug-11 20:48:17

AIBU to give up on bras forever.
Pre kids Small perky often encased in a uncomfortable, underwire greying padded bra from M&S,
now the breastfeeding bazzokas have long gone
and I am back to a not quite so perky 38A.
For the past year I've been in vests and comfy pants.
Are bras 'essential' if you are a smaller lady?
Any one else a vest wearer or am I alone in swinging free?!

NorksAreMessy Sun 21-Aug-11 20:54:47

Oh, kendal you lucky thing!

Go, run free, let the norks frolic unhindered.

I was blessed with too much in the norkage department and usually sleep with a bra on sad , have constant back problems, and all my dresses have shorter fronts than backs....it is seriously boring and not glamorous at all

NorksAreMessy Sun 21-Aug-11 20:55:36

...hence my nickname. They really are very very untidy and also get covered in stuff, being a sort if food-collecting shelf

PamBeesly Sun 21-Aug-11 20:57:03

Don't bother if you don't have to...I would love that freedom, I have never encountered a comfortable bra, I have been measured many times, I just hate them.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 21-Aug-11 20:59:56

Haven't worn a bra regularly since 1977.

lydiamama Sun 21-Aug-11 21:02:14

Go on, go free, you are very lucky

milkshakejake Sun 21-Aug-11 21:04:40

hmm... I'm a bit repressed when it comes to unfettered norks, I'm afraid. There's a woman in our local shop who never wears one and they are hypnotic, especially if she's walking towards you in town... and not in a good way.

PacificDogwood Sun 21-Aug-11 21:06:45

envy

That's all I'm saying. You go, girl! YANBU of course.

I might just trip if I went without scaffolding.... grin

DontGoCurly Sun 21-Aug-11 21:07:36

I'm well jealous! If you don't have to then lucky you!

TheLadyHare Sun 21-Aug-11 21:17:52

I have serious norkage and while I like them, especially in my lovely new pink silk bra as a rule, I think it would be dangerous to let them run free.

You are so lucky, I am envy

grin

LeBJOF Sun 21-Aug-11 21:21:16

I doubt you are a 38A, tbh- you'd probably be surprised if you were fitted properly. That said, sloggi do nice supportive vest top which comes in D cups downwards, so you should get away with one of them. Primark do them too but I didn't say that.

AuntiePickleBottom Sun 21-Aug-11 21:28:39

wish i could but being an F cup i need the support...however sports bra seem to be the most comfy

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 21-Aug-11 21:31:51

No matter how small you are I think no bra at all looks awful.
But am prob just jealous as I would have to tuck my 34Fs in my pants.

ThatVikRinA22 Sun 21-Aug-11 21:33:45

im a 34 C and i can get away without but i always worry about someone asking if im cold....

so i dont.

TrompetteMilitaire Sun 21-Aug-11 21:35:30

I'm a 32A and have never worn a bra. I wish I had something to put in one, though. I covet other people's norks. grin

MumblingRagDoll Sun 21-Aug-11 21:35:58

I am small too and have never worn one...well now and then I do if I am going out and wearing something formal looking...otherwise I wear stretchy vests...sometimes with built in support which just means a double layer f fabric where your boobs are.

I HATE bras...so uncomfortable.

worraliberty Sun 21-Aug-11 21:36:16

I'm a 34C and wouldn't go out without a bra...but only because I think it's unflattering no matter what size you are.

MumblingRagDoll Sun 21-Aug-11 21:36:22

KenDodd how do you mean? Awful? Mine don't!

Sofabitch Sun 21-Aug-11 21:37:06

I wish I could. But alas mine would hit my knees. Without. envy

MumblingRagDoll Sun 21-Aug-11 21:40:33

How is it unflattering worra? is this unflttering?

worraliberty Sun 21-Aug-11 21:43:54

No that's not unflattering Mumble but what are the chances of seeing someone like that on a summer's day? grin

It's normally huge norkage bouncing around like it's trying to escape or small tits that look like they've slipped down too far (mine) sad

Chestnutx3 Sun 21-Aug-11 21:45:10

yuk - bras aren't uncomfortable you just haven't had a properly fitted one one. 38A rings serious alarm bells.

I think you can only get away with it if you are very fit and muscular or else under 21. Saggy boobs are saggy boobs no matter how small they are.

StopRainingPlease Sun 21-Aug-11 21:45:28

I didn't wear one for years. Having kids made them bigger and now my nipples ressemble walnuts, so it's hard to go without sad. If you can do it, why not?

MumblingRagDoll Sun 21-Aug-11 21:46:26

You said no matter what the size it was unflattering though! Tits are all ace...big, tiny, hanging down or stcking up. Let them roam free I say! grin

jenniec79 Sun 21-Aug-11 21:48:00

YANBU. Especially if you look at the thread next to this on "active" from the charities board asking for bra donations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now