Talk

Advanced search

To think our street has been taken over with chavs

(38 Posts)
Empusa Sun 21-Aug-11 16:16:59

There is a loud party going on over the road, I know this as my PC is vibrating with the bass of it.

There are also halfwits doing wheelies on souped up motorbikes up and down the road - somehow managing to drown out the sound of the party with their irritating machines.

Grrrrrr.

LadyThumb Sun 21-Aug-11 16:21:28

That's horrible. Hope it stops soon.

smoggii Sun 21-Aug-11 16:22:06

what's a chav?

GwendolenHarleth Sun 21-Aug-11 16:22:42

It doesn't sound nice. Any chance of you moving?

fifitrixibellesmith Sun 21-Aug-11 16:23:10

even naice areas are becoming contaminated sad

Nagoo Sun 21-Aug-11 16:23:25

<dons hard hat>

<prepares popcorn>

GwendolenHarleth Sun 21-Aug-11 16:23:48

Chav means someone who behaves in an anti social manner i think. Empusa's neighbours sound v anti social.

Empusa Sun 21-Aug-11 16:24:31

Nah, it's normally lovely here. Don't know what's going on today!

smoggii The kind of idiot who thinks everyone wants to feel their music from 5 or so houses away. And who thinks anti social behaviour is good fun.

lachesis Sun 21-Aug-11 16:24:42

I hate behaviour like this! Are you renting? Other peoples' music bugs the living hell out of me. And the motorbikes might not be street legal.

Empusa Sun 21-Aug-11 16:25:48

I'd bet on them being not street legal, I'm sure they aren't meant to sound like these do confused

lachesis Sun 21-Aug-11 16:30:19

Then I'd ring the police non-emergency number. Those things are not street legal for a reason. They are dangerous on roads. That's why they also piss me off to no end.

smoggii Sun 21-Aug-11 16:32:53

It's the middle of a Sunday afternoon, people have party's/ bbqs etc on a Sunday afternoon, when they start disturbing your sleep start moaning.

Souns like a few kids having a fun - if they are causing a danger call the police.

Those pesky proletarians!

LadyOfTheManor Sun 21-Aug-11 16:33:36

Paintball gun?

Empusa Sun 21-Aug-11 16:34:13

Party = great
Making my house shake from across the road and a few houses away = not so good

ps. pesky proletarians? What do you think I am? A baroness??

Empusa Sun 21-Aug-11 16:34:34

"Paintball gun?"

I like your thinking grin

Ephiny Sun 21-Aug-11 16:34:57

I'd report to the police about the motorbikes. Had to do this myself once, as the idiots were not only tearing up and down the street doing wheelies etc all afternoon, but one decided it would be a good idea to go up and down with a child of about 2 perched in front of him hmm.

Fortunately in our street the majority of the trouble was caused by one 'family' and when they moved, it was like a different place!

SuePurblybilt Sun 21-Aug-11 16:35:18

I would be grrrrrrr too. I don't care if it's not night-time, I don't think it's on to play music so loudly that someone half a street away can feel the bass.

lachesis Sun 21-Aug-11 16:36:08

Can you imagine being their nextdoor neighbour? I just don't get how someone can ever find having music on that loud acceptable. And as for the wheelies on the road, there's a reason that's illegal, because it is dangerous. Call the non-emergency number, the cops can't abide people who use the road as a playpark for non-street legal (and therefore uninsured) vehicles.

RainboweBrite Sun 21-Aug-11 16:36:16

I know it's frustrating, but it is the middle of the afternoon, so in this case, I'm afraid YABU. However, if it's still going on past 10 p.m., that's another story...

SuePurblybilt Sun 21-Aug-11 16:36:27

That shaving gel for wimmin - the Gilette one I think -will fire across a street not that I've ever done that from a balcony,oh no

lachesis Sun 21-Aug-11 16:40:09

Excessive noise is actually considered noise pollution by most councils no matter if it's in the day. Check your council's website for what actually constitues excessive noise.

smoggii Sun 21-Aug-11 17:19:54

Well chavs do serve a purpose...you can't have a middle class without a lower class grin

So no chavs=no Boden and then where would we be!

Just kidding Empusa. If they are causing a problem call the police. I just hate the word chav and the sneering/cat bum that tends to accompany use of the word.

DontGoCurly Sun 21-Aug-11 17:22:28

Are they drinking and riding the motorbikes at the same time?

I have shit hop being blasted at me from over the back. But I care not. Because I have ten chickens in my garden squawking back at it. They obviously think the singer is a cock, too.

AdelaofBlois Sun 21-Aug-11 17:28:36

My neighbours presumably think I'm a shitty little poshyboots trying to take over their street.

Get a grip: some people are having a loud party on a SUNDAY AFTERNOON and riding their bikes about. This is annoying, but it is hardly beyond the grounds of reasonable behaviour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now