Talk

Advanced search

moshi monsters

(10 Posts)
ryman78 Sun 21-Aug-11 16:09:47

They are driving me mad. It started quite innocently with a book. Now we have moshlings, computer games and the latest request is a magazine.
Is anyone else in the same boat?

Yep, the stuff's everywhere.

I have a way round it tho.....I use a special word, that word is 'NO'.

I then point dd in the direction of her Christmas list, as I do with every other whim. Surprisingly when christmas comes she doesn't neeeeeeeedddddddde any of it wink

5inthebed Sun 21-Aug-11 16:22:43

DS2 (6 and ASD) has just found this, it is not going well as he insists on everything at once.

A magazine you say? <reminds self to avoid all newsagents with DS2>

Same situation, my dd has ASD too. NO still works well tho but the merchandising is getting ridiculous, the stupidly over priced soft toys to start with.

All I can suggest is to avoid shops at all times and note down for birthdays and Christmas.

I don't mind paying a few pence for some crappy novelty from time to time but draw the line at £20 for a giant cherry or whatever it is.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Sun 21-Aug-11 16:43:48

I pay the monthly membership, and DD buys anything else with her pocket money.

The cards are banned from school, so she's not gone as mad buying those as she might have.

TracyK Sun 21-Aug-11 16:51:43

If you think the phase will last till Xmas - zazzle.co.uk do a good range of novelty items.
I got ds a mug and PE kit bag with his favourite moshling on them for his bday. Think maybe £15 in total - so not too expensive.
He pays for the cards himself out of his pocket money - maybe a pack at the end of the week. But he is getting fed up with getting the same characters. - So am I!

ryman78 Sun 21-Aug-11 17:56:29

With my dc they got the treehouse and moshlings as birthday presents. They have a trial membership as mo. Have already told them I won't be extending it. Fortunately they haven't noticed trading cards yet.

elphabadefiesgravity Sun 21-Aug-11 18:01:40

I refuse to allow Moshi Monsters as I am not happy with the level of security/moderation on the site.

I am constantly pestered regarding Club Penguin though. how many puffles does one child need?

I tell the dc they have to either save up their pocket money or ask for things for birthdays/Christmas.

maypole1 Sun 21-Aug-11 18:57:22

Oh god don't get me stared I had to put my foot down when dd wanted to spend £5 on some credits or some such thing

On a good note we did make the blueberry cakes that were in the magazine

mrjellykeepskidsquiet Mon 22-Aug-11 18:30:48

Ds1 has membership and some moshling toys and a katsuma plush.
Cancelled club penguin though as he stopped going on it much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now