Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be bemused by folk who wait for ages for steam trains in bumbags?

(28 Posts)
ChaosTrulyReigns Sun 21-Aug-11 14:20:57

inutes these Howard&Hilda alikes were going to stand and wait for this train to zoom past to get a picture of a train for their album.

Meh. I guess they were happy with their lot and if that's how they want to spend their Tartan Days, then that's all fine but I really wish I had mentioned Gransnet to her.

Do you think we'll all be enjoying simpler times with our sensible shoes and nice cuppas?

ChaosTrulyReigns Sun 21-Aug-11 14:21:22

45 minutes!

DrCoconut Sun 21-Aug-11 14:24:10

I enjoy sensible shoes and a nice cuppa now grin

scrappydappydoo Sun 21-Aug-11 14:25:31

Well I would wait 45 minutes just to see how they managed to fit a steam train into a bumbag ;)

LadyThumb Sun 21-Aug-11 14:33:55

Re your title - I didn't know steam trains COULD fit into a bumbag!

Anniegetyourgun Sun 21-Aug-11 14:38:48

Don't be silly, you can't put trains into bumbags. You could, however, have a train wearing a bumbag if the strap was long enough.

I was born liking tea and sensible shoes and have never seen the need to grow out of either.

MittzyTheVixen Sun 21-Aug-11 14:47:07

The silliness of this thread has made me smile!

agedknees Sun 21-Aug-11 15:00:01

What colour was the steam train? Did it match the bumbag it was wearing?

Oh I don't mind steam trains...... Would struggle to fit one in a bumbag tho. wink

Draw the line at dp's and ds's recent boys weekend tho spent lustfully gazing at old buses. The photos of engine close ups and videos of running engines made my cheese heart sink.

spiderpig8 Sun 21-Aug-11 15:32:24

Beat me too it Scrappy!
Howard and Hilda surely don't wear bumbags , more like a nice tartan shopping trolley or sturdy shopping bag

spout Sun 21-Aug-11 15:35:23

DH and I are turning into Howard and Hilda. I even own a bumbag from my raving days Embrace your inner Hilda, people!

SoupDragon Sun 21-Aug-11 15:53:05

To be fair' they are probably the kind of people who would be bemused by folk who chat to imaginary friends on a website.

fifitrixibellesmith Sun 21-Aug-11 15:55:19

yeah cos its so much nicer sitting inside on a sunny day typing shit into a computer isnt it grin

ChaosTrulyReigns Sun 21-Aug-11 16:32:12

Ahh, trixie you assume do much.

I am currently sitting on a beach, after a long walk through a forest this morning, where I chanced across H&H.

So, ner.

<<pokes tongue out>>

Other pisstakers. See these fingers? Do you like the V-shape? Jusy for you.

wink

Andrewofgg Sun 21-Aug-11 16:58:23

It suits small boys regardless of age and gender!

SuePurblybilt Sun 21-Aug-11 17:02:38

I too am wondering what sort of train wears a bumbag. An American tourist praps. But then it would call it a 'fanny-pack'. It's a puzzler.

<ignoring chaos' Victory Vees>

tethersend Sun 21-Aug-11 17:03:45

I love trains.

HoHoLaughingMonster Sun 21-Aug-11 17:47:27

Oi that's my dad you're taking about there. And his isn't Howard, it's Kevin.

InstantAtom Sun 21-Aug-11 17:54:32

Lovely sweet people - no cynicism and world-weariness, just the simple pleasure of seeing a train go by. Can think of worse things!

TrillianAstra Sun 21-Aug-11 18:04:06

Can't say I've ever seen a steam train in a bumbag.

Is it a special gift, like shoes with compasses in?

ChaoticAngeloftheUnderworld Sun 21-Aug-11 18:23:19

My Ds when he was younger used to have one of those Thomas the Tank Engine carry cases which he put Thomas and other trains in grin

Maybe the bumbag is an updated version? confused[wunk]

GetOrfMoiCarbsClaire Sun 21-Aug-11 18:28:56

I have just realised that I have never actually seen a steam train in real life, only on the telly.

I said to DP 'have you ever seen a steam train' and he looked at me as if I had asked him if he has ever seen someone with a perm, and said 'of course I bloody have, I have travelled on one'

I would LOVE to go on a stream train. I love trains. When I retire I am going to travel the branch lines of europe and make notes of the routes in a little notebook.

complexnumber Sun 21-Aug-11 18:32:47

Definitely buying a bumbag now to see if a steam train pops out.

Andrewofgg Sun 21-Aug-11 18:33:48

I have travelled on steam trains, and there was a lovely smell - nicer than bloody Diesel, anyway.

Andrewofgg Sun 21-Aug-11 18:34:56

As for you, GetOrfMoiCarbsClaire, you have just proved my point about the small boy in all of us, any age, men and women!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now