Talk

Advanced search

Well they obviously think so!

(14 Posts)
Curiousmama Sun 21-Aug-11 11:27:38

I'll give some background. I moved to a large village over a year ago. I have a dog. I pick up said dog's crap when I walk him. Sadly a lot of people don't feel the need to do this hmm Rather a lot don't even walk their dogs they let them crap in the yard and swill it out into the alley angry

Well, there's a couple who live opposite the grass and trees where I walk the dog mainly for his business. He gets longer ones to the beach etc. So, this couple have a little dog who is let out to do whatever on the grass. Makes my blood boil. Today I was out with my dog and this one came tootling out, annoyed my dog a bit as usual then crapped. I decided enough was enough, picked up the crap (in poo bag grin ) and took it to the open door. I shouted 'Excuse me' she came out, I handed her the bag and said a present for you. She said 'Oh didn't know the dog was out?' hmm I said ' It's out a lot love and the kids play on that grass'
I carried on with walk only to hear her dh say 'who her there?' Oh how I was wishing he'd pull me up when I passed the house, I even loitered wink

Said couples rough son and dil live yards from me. She already hates me after I stopped her ds from littering from her car whilst she was in it sitting stationary shock She was cleaning the car with baby wipes, he was throwing them out of the window along with Mcd litter!! She said she was going to get him to pick it up hmm So no doubt there's going to be fall out but I don't care, I get so sick of this mentality.

BlueKangaroo22 Sun 21-Aug-11 12:04:57

not at all, some people need telling, its disgusting

CheshireDing Sun 21-Aug-11 12:12:35

Good for you, dirty gigs. Although not crazy about the use of the word "love" I this instance, sorry me just being weird.

LineRunner Sun 21-Aug-11 12:15:55

You are right to pull them up on them on this. It costs a fortune to clear up after people won't clear up after themselves. Or do they think the fairies come and do it?

There's a woman in my road won't speak to me because I asked her if she needed assistance to deal with all the rubbish spilling out from her garden onto the pavement. Boo hoo, my world is now shattered.

SuePurblybilt Sun 21-Aug-11 12:18:14

No, some people do indeed need telling. It might be worth reporting it to the council if it's a real poo graveyard, they might put an extra bin there or spy on the lazy buggers and fine them.

Curiousmama Sun 21-Aug-11 12:32:19

Will see if they pull their socks up? Won't hold my breath though. I heard someone having a go at them a few months back because the same dog had ruined some fencing of hers. Ignorant pigs.

Oh and when I said 'love' it was said the right way, not nicely wink

NorfolkBroad Sun 21-Aug-11 12:35:13

YANBU people who don't pick up their dog's crap are horrible and people that don't walk their dogs regularly are irresponsible. Well done you .

EvenLessNarkyPuffin Sun 21-Aug-11 12:37:42

Where the hell do you live????

fifitrixibellesmith Sun 21-Aug-11 12:59:36

move to a naicer area

Gonzo33 Sun 21-Aug-11 13:06:50

YANBU part of responsible dog ownership is picking up after them.

NorfolkBroad on a completely separate note are you in that area still? I would be interested in picking your brains on a couple of things.

Curiousmama Mon 22-Aug-11 10:46:09

Went past the house this morning and no incidents. Was quite prepared for a mouthful of the fella.

Shutupanddrive Mon 22-Aug-11 10:51:29

YANBU, as if she didn't know the dog was out hmm just too lazy to walk it. They probably won't say anything as they know they are in the wrong

plupervert Mon 22-Aug-11 11:23:40

Just brilliant, curiousmama.

fifitrixiebellsmith, the OP is trying to make the are nicer, rather than abandoning it because it won't change, as your attitude seems to be. Why shouldn't she have a go.

And I'm not being a hypocrite, either. I once ran after someone who dropped something on London Bridge, and shoved it into his hand so he could throw it away properly. It was a cigarette packet.

Curiousmama Mon 22-Aug-11 11:28:21

Oh I've done that plupervert. Even tackled a load of youths outside a shop. Stood next to a bin and dropped a can next to it!! angry She soon picked it up wink Was quite relieved I didn't get any hassle tbh though grin
Just love it when you see families out picnicking, then walk back that way later and see the lovely rubbish they leave angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now