Talk

Advanced search

to blame DH entirely for this

(12 Posts)
DecapitatedLegoman Sun 21-Aug-11 03:00:06

He's working nights so I'm home alone dealing with the nightmares which have resulted from him letting our 4 year old watch something totally inappropriate. I told him I wasn't happy about it but he's so fucking permissive, just said "now DS, if you have nightmares you won't be allowed to watch this again". Furthermore I'm trying to nightwean DD and have been all week. But now she's awake and won't settle and DS is objecting to being left and I just feel like my hard work's all being undone. Poor DS is terrified. I could so knee DH in the balls right now.

EdwardorEricCantDecide Sun 21-Aug-11 03:03:01

You have my sympathy, I'm very quickly coming round to the way of thinking that men are more hassle than they're worth!
Hope your DS is allright.
Could you let him sleep with you?

DecapitatedLegoman Sun 21-Aug-11 03:31:42

He's in my bed anyway so DD's crying didn't disturb him this week. I'm shuffling between rooms because he won't be left and she's awake too. I think he's finally settled down but she's refusing to sleep now. I really don't need this crap and it's not like this exact same situation hasn't arisen a few months ago! Sorry, venting. Hope your DH gets his act together too. anyway so DD's crying didn't disturb him this week. I'm shuffling between rooms because he won't be left and she's awake too. I think he's finally settled down but she's refusing to sleep now. I really don't need this crap and it's not like this exact same situation hasn't arisen a few months ago! Sorry, venting. Hope your DH gets his act together too. a

WhereYouLeftIt Sun 21-Aug-11 03:35:53

I trust you'll be getting some sleep when DH gets home from nightshift, and he can delay his sleep until you have recovered somewhat?

DecapitatedLegoman Sun 21-Aug-11 03:39:05

Yeah, right!Yeah, right!

DecapitatedLegoman Sun 21-Aug-11 03:50:50

Don't know what's wrong with this bloody phone. Sorry.

MrsTerryPratchett Sun 21-Aug-11 03:55:58

I hate this. DH thought it was appropriate to give his Conan comics to an 8 year old, "I used to love them". Yeah, probably at age 15. It was only when I found a picture in one of a semi-naked woman tied up in one that he conceded that this may not be the message an 8 year old should have about women. He also gave my small niece nightmares with a ninja game.

iscream Sun 21-Aug-11 05:34:57

Well, I have always been strict as far as violence and sexual content go. Luckily dh is on the same page, however, I would not hesitate to overrule, and physically take and hide the thing in question, if I were married to someone who disregards the age on a film or game.

They can see that type of thing when they are of age to do so.
It isn't like there is nothing else in the world to entertain them.

iscream Sun 21-Aug-11 05:40:04

Did he allow this while you were not there? I would throw the item out if he did.

Sofabitch Sun 21-Aug-11 07:11:54

Let him deal with the children when he gets home. If he complains tough.

DecapitatedLegoman Sun 21-Aug-11 07:18:36

Well he's come home, and the game's gone, but he couldn't seem to grasp why I couldn't just accept him saying that he'd stop. When I pointed out that he'd promised me that before, and it hadn't happened, he got angry and asked what more I wanted him to do. I'm not sure if he's just feeling bad about poor DS or whether he is genuinely angry that I am angry. Hopefully the former. I did say, in answer to the question about what more wanted, that an apology would be nice, but he's gone to bed, the git. I am so pissed off angry

DecapitatedLegoman Sun 21-Aug-11 08:59:46

WIBU to invite all the local children in for a shrieking contest this morning? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now