Talk

Advanced search

King Prawn with Garlic Sauce

(19 Posts)
MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 20-Aug-11 23:23:09

4 King Prawns.

Lots of veg and aforementioned garlic sauce.

£5.95 (takeaway)

I had expected more than 4 king prawns.

How many would you expect?

AIBU?

DogsBestFriend Sat 20-Aug-11 23:25:33

Please do not use offensive language in your thread titles.

Prawns.

Garlic sauce.

Ugh!

HerRoyalNotness Sat 20-Aug-11 23:25:54

Woah, I'd probably cook that myself with a dozen at least!. Seafood and takeaway, not a really a good mix.

Pamplemoussse Sat 20-Aug-11 23:26:19

more'n four that's fo' sure

feckers

TragicallyHip Sat 20-Aug-11 23:27:39

Bastards! Were the prawns big??

HerRoyalNotness Sat 20-Aug-11 23:29:00

To be denoted KING prawns, I'd say they were. The pricks.

mummakaz Sat 20-Aug-11 23:29:03

I would have expected more then 4 too...although I haven't ever ordered prawns so don't know if this is the norm or not for a takeaway smile

Rowena8482 Sat 20-Aug-11 23:30:16

From a chinese takeaway I'd expect 8-10, from an indian takeaway 4-6. The indian takeaways here are always a lot more stingy with the meat than the chinese ones for some reason confused dunno why cos indian costs more and you have to pay for everything separately whereas chinese include rice or chips with almost every dish...

LordOfTheFlies Sat 20-Aug-11 23:30:26

But they weren't just prawns, they were King Prawns

I have never in my life had a prawn anywhere near my mouth.
And yes, I'd expect 4 wink

HerRoyalNotness Sat 20-Aug-11 23:33:04

I'd expect King Prawns to be so big, I could use their feelers as toothpicks

stripeybump Sat 20-Aug-11 23:33:18

I got M and S 'Indian Feast ' for 2.

Total amount of chicken, 4 tiny pieces in each of chicken tik masala and chick korma. Feast my arse angry carb overload with 2 portions of rice, 2 naan and onion bhajis. I'd forgotten til I saw this thread.

Plus, I'm pregnant and hormonal / knackered, and the overly chatty tillperson said 'too lazy to cook tonight then?' with a cheeky wink. He got a stony glare.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 20-Aug-11 23:35:35

Chinese.

What's wrong with prawns in garlic sauce??? Om nom nom!

Would have been a bit more om nom wiht a bit more prawn!

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 20-Aug-11 23:36:26

Very average sized king prawns.

No feelers. No tooth picks either.

blackeyedsusan Sun 21-Aug-11 01:11:45

<drools>

four? ridiculous!

iscream Sun 21-Aug-11 01:47:00

YANBU, but it is common. Same thing from a local Thai fusion place, I ordered Shrimp Pad Thai and there were barely any shrimp and they were not even a decent size. Well, when I order shrimp prawns in an appetizer there are usually 6. I now ask the waitperson about the size and quantity. I don't often order then as part of a dish, as usually they are tiny tasteless things and not enough of them.

I work in a supermarket, and the owner of the local Chinese is well known. She is always in for the reduced meat and veg.

Andrewofgg Sun 21-Aug-11 07:15:43

Hello again, DBF, hope you are well!

I know why you don't want pr*wns mentioned in the title but what is wrong with garlic sauce?

Meals without a soupcon of garlic are just sustenance until the next real meal with garlic arrives.

My BIL says he loathes it and claims he can spot it a mile off. My sister says he does not know what goes in the pot when he is not there to see . . . grin

catgirl1976 Sun 21-Aug-11 10:06:37

I love prawns.

I would have expected more that 4 but £5.95 seems like a starter price not a main course price. Are you sure you didn't order a starter by mistake? A takeaway main course is more around the £8 / £9 mark surely?

BluddyMoFo Sun 21-Aug-11 10:07:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now