Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To wonder what goes on behind the scenes at MNHQ?

(48 Posts)
AgentZigzag Sat 20-Aug-11 21:43:39

When MN was just down for an upgrade just now, I couldn't help but wonder what swan like furious paddling was going on behind the scenes.

Were they trying to fend off a government hacking session designed to use covert mind control techniques over the mass of famously influential posters on MN?

Had one of the blue posting HQ staff had one too many with their cous cous with a baby leaf salad and given into the big red 'Do Not Press' button?

Or had techy just knocked their redbull down the back of the server?

Answers on a postcard or back of a sealed down envelope, and don't forget to include your name, age and full medical history or you won't be in with a chance to win one of these spectacular prizes...

deemented Sat 20-Aug-11 21:46:14

I reckon they forgot to feed darrensmumsnet and he stopped running round that hamster wheel of his... Or Justine ran out of 50p's for the metre..

Tiredmumno1 Sat 20-Aug-11 21:47:34

I reckon justine smashed the server up in temper, then had to run to the nearest tesco to purchase a new one

Tiredmum age-111

Address-buckingham palace

<damn just outed oneself>

Oh well what did i win <grin> smashed the server up in temper, then had to run to the nearest tesco to purchase a new one

Tiredmum age-111

Address-buckingham palace

<damn just outed oneself>

Oh well what did i win <grin>

2shoes Sat 20-Aug-11 21:47:43

i was disappointed when I saw the office on the tv the other week,
I always imagined them sitting round a table in a homely kitchen, with hordes of children running/crawling around

CatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 20-Aug-11 21:48:33

2shoes - that's how it was in the olden days!

Tiredmumno1 Sat 20-Aug-11 21:48:35

Oh and did i mention my phones medical history - just see above post <grin> i mention my phones medical history - just see above post <grin>

Pamplemoussse Sat 20-Aug-11 21:49:28

2shoes I'm sure I remember a webchat pic, from a kitchen table, ages ago

Pamplemoussse Sat 20-Aug-11 21:49:55

x post with Catherine

Tiredmumno1 Sat 20-Aug-11 21:50:42

And my medical history, i forgot how to do a grin

<walks away muttering about how many years i have been here for>

worraliberty Sat 20-Aug-11 21:51:37

I think it was hacked and shut down by a horny Husband wanting to give his Wife a good shagging without bending her over the computer desk, as she furiously refreshed the page to read the outcome of the 'stop shitting in my bog' thread.

I think it largely depends on the day. Probably all on Usual's drunk threads at the weekend. I think there is a special AIBU Dept, thinking up ideas to start bunfights and then laughing when they come on to tell us off.

2shoes Sat 20-Aug-11 21:53:02

omg I didn't realise my image was real.....

ImNotYourFuckingHunni Sat 20-Aug-11 21:55:44

grin @ Tiredmummo, I'm seeing double so I must be tired too! <glugs wine>

PortBlacksandIsLovelyInAutumn Sat 20-Aug-11 21:59:01

<sigh>

Do i have to tell you all this again?

They run up to the top of the building, pop their helmets on, jump into several bob-sleighs and hurtle down the side Mn towers. Once at the bottom they take off their helmets and drag the sleighs back up to the top for next time....

Salmotrutta Sat 20-Aug-11 21:59:14

I reckon MNHQ is actually a bloke called Colin who works from his bedroom. He tripped over the power cable and pulled the plug out.

Tiredmumno1 Sat 20-Aug-11 21:59:24

Glug quicker hunni, the night is still young grin

PortBlacksandIsLovelyInAutumn Sat 20-Aug-11 21:59:28

Takes exactly five minutes...

Tiredmumno1 Sat 20-Aug-11 22:03:48

Maybe mumsnet moderators and netmums moderators are havin a punch up

<"mumsnet is better, no netmums is better, no mumsnet is better i tells ya">
I bet mumsnet wins it everytime winkMaybe mumsnet moderators and netmums moderators are havin a punch up

<"mumsnet is better, no netmums is better, no mumsnet is better i tells ya">
I bet mumsnet wins it everytime wink

AgentZigzag Sat 20-Aug-11 22:04:27

Tiredmum, you'll have the pick from an amazing choice of ex-bullseye prizes, including an ultimate deluxe knitting machine, super deluxe combined clock and teas maid, and a speedboat.

I know that man salmo, his second name's Hunt isn't it? grin

Tee2072 Sat 20-Aug-11 22:05:39

I always assume someone unplugged the server to plug in the kettle. I like imaging them standing around it willing it to boil so they can have a cuppa and get the site back up as soon as possible.

When it takes more than 5 minutes is when the whole staff is in so they have to boil an entire kettle full or even two.

::nods::

::taps nose::

Tiredmumno1 Sat 20-Aug-11 22:06:38

The knitting machine, no wait the speedboat, the choices are killing me agghhh grining machine, no wait the speedboat, the choices are killing me agghhh grin

ImNotYourFuckingHunni Sat 20-Aug-11 22:09:07

AGHHHHH don't call me hunni <stomps up & down whilst spilling wine on the sofa>

Honeydragon Sat 20-Aug-11 22:15:16

If it's longer than a couple of minutes its a netmums invasion with MNHQ raining fruitshoots and bile upon them as they try to climb the HQ walls armed with pink tickers. Justine at the helm hair flapping in the wind screaming "fuck off!" on account she can 'cos she is mumsnet, and netmums can only say floofybum back.

Pamplemoussse Sat 20-Aug-11 22:16:40

ROAR at floofybum insult hurling

Salmotrutta Sat 20-Aug-11 22:17:11

That's him AgentZ - grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now