Talk

Advanced search

To ask how much loo roll you use per week?

(55 Posts)
mrsshears Sat 20-Aug-11 14:10:12

We my dd's are managing at least a roll per day! we have 2 bathrooms and if i put a new roll in one in a morning by the evening it will be all gone.
we are getting through a nine pack of decent,not the cheapie stuff,every week and dh is doing his nut!
This has got me really curious about how much a household uses in a week(can you tell i've had a bit of a quiet day today?blush)

LauraIngallsWilder Sat 20-Aug-11 14:16:15

Why bother with the posh stuff? - I have never understood that!
I reckon we (one adult two kids) use about two (tesco value) a week.

I will study the matter to see if my guess is right smile

OrganicFreeRangeBoys Sat 20-Aug-11 14:18:57

We got the posh stuff because a bag of 9 was bogof in co-op so I stocked up. grin

Anyway. About a roll, maybe just over per week. But then partner works away monday to Friday and the boys are still in nappies.

mrsshears Sat 20-Aug-11 14:19:54

I'm with you on why buy the expensive stuff but thats down to dh.
"nothing worse that your fingers going through the paper when youve had a poo" apparently envy
sorry but you did askgrin

dweezle Sat 20-Aug-11 14:20:02

Ha - this has been a bone of contention in our house following long term visitors (6 weeks). We usually reckon on 1 roll per person per week, but these visitors appeared to use approx half a roll every time they went to the bog. I cannot understand for the life of me what they needed to use so much for. Also made me somewhat worry about the state of our Victorian plumbing.

Didn't say anything but was itching to ask what they did with it.....

honeymom Sat 20-Aug-11 14:20:48

There is 6 of us and we use a 6 pack of asda smart price a week. I do prefer the nice stuff but until the children stop using half a roll for a wee I'll stick to the cheap stuff thanks.

LoopyLiz88 Sat 20-Aug-11 14:20:58

About 6 of the double roll good ones a week.

tots2ten Sat 20-Aug-11 14:24:32

We go through loads, I buy a pack of 12 from Aldi and if I am lucky it will last the week.

marcopront Sat 20-Aug-11 14:25:51

We don't use any. We have a sprayer.

itisnearlysummer Sat 20-Aug-11 14:31:15

Far more since DD starting wiping herself hmm

LisaD1 Sat 20-Aug-11 14:31:52

We use around 4 of the double rolls (cheap stuff) per week on a normal week (me & DH at work and 2xDD's in school until 6pm 3 days) this can be easily double in the holidays.

never ceased to amaze me how much of the stuff we go through!

mrsshears Sat 20-Aug-11 14:39:00

I bet we spend at least £5 a week on loo roll if not more.
I tell my dd's they dont need to use reams of the stuff but its in one ear and out of the other!
nice to know i'm not on my own though smile

mousymouse Sat 20-Aug-11 14:43:49

about 4 rolls a week.
2 adults and one arsewiping dc.

Zippylovesgeorge Sat 20-Aug-11 14:47:04

£5 a week on bog roll!! Co-op basic - 63p for 4 - we use between 4 & 6 rolls a week - 2 adults & 2 teenagers.

Birnamwood Sat 20-Aug-11 14:48:05

One a bloody day atm and there's only 2 adults an Ds (3). I have always wondered what DP does with it as I'm not wasteful and DS prefers to use the moist tissue (why do I hate the word 'moist'?!)

Solo Sat 20-Aug-11 14:49:20

One roll a week of the Tesco own brand. Me and two Dc's. I taught them to be frugal as it's wasteful to use too much and it blocks the toilet up.

Sofabitch Sat 20-Aug-11 14:52:16

It depends on how many times dd breaks in to the toilet to wipe her tiny 2 yr old butt of a whole roll. It can be 6 a day on a bad day angryhmm

Tanith Sat 20-Aug-11 14:56:21

My DF used to be a bit penny pinching. One of the ways he saved money was by squashing the loo roll to flatten it a bit, so it would only roll over half a turn each time.
It really did work, DM says.

babycham42 Sat 20-Aug-11 14:57:03

4 of us and I reckon 2 - 3 rolls of nice loo roll per week.

littlemisssarcastic Sat 20-Aug-11 14:57:40

About 3 rolls a week, only me and DD in my house though.

fifitrixibellesmith Sat 20-Aug-11 15:09:45

i once worked in an office with about 30 people in it. the owners decided to send round a memo telling us all to economise on our loo roll use

of course after that, i used three times as much smile

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PrincessJenga Sat 20-Aug-11 15:23:55

Sooooooooo much... more than I would want to count as it would scare me to think how much we must spend on the stuff. I think DP must eat it. He probably washes it down with the shower gel I am convinced he drinks (there's no way anyone could use as much shower gel as he gets through)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsshears Sat 20-Aug-11 15:28:55

princess i'll raise you with dd1's conditioner and squash useagegrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now