Talk

Advanced search

To not do a birthday party for DD2

(9 Posts)
acatcalledbob Sat 20-Aug-11 12:53:44

DD2 turns 3 this September and she has a number of friends at nursery as well as family friends her age.

I was considering throwing her a party at home for half a dozen kids and their mums but just saw that there is a Disney stage show that weekend. Now I'm thinking that DH, DD1, DD2 and I could go to that and invite friends with their mums for tea (wine) and cake at 4pm when we get back.

Would this be OK? DD2 just wants her friends round but I don't think 3 year olds will get party games and if I don't do that, how do I keep them entertained without them wrecking my house?

alarkaspree Sat 20-Aug-11 12:57:56

Either have a party or do the Disney show. Inviting people round after you've been out to the theatre seems a bit stingy to me.

If you have a party just make it nice and short with a few simple games. 3 year olds can play musical statues, pass the parcel and sleeping lions, I've always found it useful to have a craft table for the shyer children who don't want to join in the games too.

acatcalledbob Sat 20-Aug-11 13:08:50

See, that's why I posted, thanks. Wasn't sure if it would look odd but it obviously does.

worraliberty Sat 20-Aug-11 13:10:17

I'd do one or the other too.

alarkaspree Sat 20-Aug-11 13:13:20

Actually I think if it were me I'd let her choose one friend (one that knows you well and won't mind being without parents) to come to the disney show, and then have a cake at home afterwards.

acatcalledbob Sat 20-Aug-11 13:19:07

She has a very best friend so I might be able to do that alarkaspree but not sure about the logistics / car seats etc (DD1 has a booster seat). Would need to borrow a car seat from somewhere and somehow fit 3 seats in the car along with DH and me....

Might go with the party and a few gentle games as DD2 wants "friends for cake"..... they'll probably end up dressing up or playing together anyway.

halcyondays Sat 20-Aug-11 13:20:54

3 year olds can do party games like Pass the Parcel and Musical Statues. I think it would be a bit odd just to have them round at 4.00 for cake. If you have them round I would do a proper party.

worraliberty Sat 20-Aug-11 13:23:45

Yes actually having them round at 4.00 for cake might come across as you're only inviting them so your DD gets presents.

zukiecat Sat 20-Aug-11 16:12:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now