Talk

Advanced search

Ffs aibu to want to smack every single character in fireman Sam over the head?

(54 Posts)
Huffythetantrumslayer Sat 20-Aug-11 11:23:49

Really how bad an example are they to kids? Oh no a dog has appeared on my doorstep therefore someone must need help so I better call fireman Sam. Or I dropped my keys down a drain I need to call the emergency services. WTF? And exactly how thick are the kids? Especially Norman, though the adults aren't much better. It actually makes me a little bit ragey. Unfortunately ds loves it. So aibu? Imdont think I am.

Huffythetantrumslayer Sat 20-Aug-11 11:26:15

Also is it me or is socks the most incompetent fireman ever?

Huffythetantrumslayer Sat 20-Aug-11 11:27:12

Socks? Elvis!

No. Though I would shoot them. Along with the Little Fucking Einsteins. HTH

Rowena8482 Sat 20-Aug-11 11:28:16

YANBU! I hate it too - after 20 years of watching kids TV it just sets my rant mode in full swing... a lot of kids programmes irritate me for the same reasons, the kids are rude, naughty, disrespectful, and even downright criminal, and it all gets laughed off, ignored, and comes out all right in the end. Just pisses me off :| Horrid Henry is another one I particularly loathe. Bob the Builder isn't so bad lol.

balia Sat 20-Aug-11 11:30:47

Norman gets away with it because he is Fireman Sam's secret illegitimate son, concieved after a drunken one-nighter at the Pontypandy 70's night.

The really stupid bit is the positioning of Station Officer Steele's desk - everytime there is an emergency, he has to get up and run across the room to push the emergency button, costing valuable seconds in response time. shocking. Just move the desk nearer the button, man.

BertieBotts Sat 20-Aug-11 11:33:14

The original ones are much better!

neddle Sat 20-Aug-11 11:33:50

There was one the other day, where the firemen used water on an electrical fire (instead of foam). There's someone from the fire brigade listed on the credits as an advisor, so surely they should have picked up on that.

Some of the accents are annoying too angry

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sat 20-Aug-11 11:35:46

Norman Price needs to be shot.

Don't even get me started on the "WonderPets" or "Backyardigans". I have to leave the room.

I have anger issues.......grin

Huffythetantrumslayer Sat 20-Aug-11 11:37:47

I'm so glad I'm not alone! Balia that's a very interesting theory.

Rowena8482 Sat 20-Aug-11 11:39:43

The phone, the phone is ringing........ grin

cryhavoc Sat 20-Aug-11 11:42:44

Balia, the Norman-Son-of-Sam has always been a popular theory in our house too. Their hair is exactly the same colour.

However, I make DD watch it. I'm from south Wales, but we live in Oxfordshire, so 3 yr old DD has a very posh Henley accent. I'm hoping Fireman Sam will help.

TalesOfTheUnexpected Sat 20-Aug-11 12:19:57

Rowena.....the phone, I'll be right there. There's an animal in 'twubble'

MAKE IT STOP!

I was once driven mad by the Teletubbies theme tune as well. One night I spent pacing the house trying to decide which tv/dvd had been left on. None had....it was just permanently stuck in my head. I hasten to add I had PND at the time and am now fully recovered (honest) wink

anenomedecaen Sat 20-Aug-11 12:22:21

I cannot condone violence against cartoon characters in thread titles.

grin

MadamDeathstare Sat 20-Aug-11 12:27:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CurlyBoy Sat 20-Aug-11 12:30:46

They're voices are soooo annoying it's banned from our telly. We only watch Peppa Pig and Ben and Holly. I think there's only 2 hours a day when one isn't on.

MrsRhettButler Sat 20-Aug-11 12:31:23

But it's so.... DRAMATIC!

'so move aside make way... Fireman Sam... Cos he's gonna save the day'

The dc sit there watching it like this shock shock even though they've seen it before grin it's all about 'the great fire of Ponty pandy'

The wonder pets on the other hand... angry thanks a lot Rowena il have that in my head now!

Huffythetantrumslayer Sat 20-Aug-11 12:38:28

Ooh the bloody theme tune gets stuck in my head!! Fecking fireman sam. Git.

Tanith Sat 20-Aug-11 15:24:53

The theme tune for In the Night Garden makes me cry. That whole opening sequence reminds me of death for some reason. No doubt, there's some deep, Freudian reason why this should be smile

Definitely, the original Fireman Sam was the best.

Andrewofgg Sat 20-Aug-11 15:56:17

I'm waiting for Toys'R'Us to stock the My Little Pony Knacker's Yard and Horse Butcher Set.

And the Care Bears Hunting Rifle.

And the Mutant Ninja Turtles Soup Tureen.

twinmummy24 Sat 20-Aug-11 16:42:28

bloody hell, thought it was just me that felt the need to hurl something at the TV every time it comes on grin

can you imagine the cost of house insurance in ponty pandy, it must be the most disaster prone town ever grin

must say though my DH wets himself laughing every time the episode comes on when elvis has a broken leg and goes to the rescue in his wheel chair going ne nah, ne nah!!!!

ggirl Sat 20-Aug-11 16:45:23

ya gotta love Bella Lasagna though!

DawnTiggaFashionGoddess Sat 20-Aug-11 16:51:44

Not seen it, although I'd quite happily flatten the whole of Bob The Builder. Nothing they've constructed looks like it will last 5 minutes.

TheCubSingsThatBloodyThemeSongAllTheTimeTiggaxx

Rowena8482 Sat 20-Aug-11 17:27:40

Soylent Purple is Barney!!!!!

Rowena8482 Sat 20-Aug-11 17:29:44

oo oo I HATE Ben and Holly - well not them but the Nanny, whatever she's called. I am going to have to step away from the thread or give free rein to full on ranty rant rant... my teeth are starting to grind I hate her so much blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now