Talk

Advanced search

to be a little bit depressed

(7 Posts)
biddysmama Fri 19-Aug-11 23:43:52

i've lost 2 stone this year, lots of excercise and cutting back, not dietting just making better choices... and i got pregnant (im happy but it was a surprise)

im 17 weeks and today i put the pants i wore before i lost the weight on and they fit

i'm happy to be getting a bump and the baby is growing but a bit sad im back to my old size after all that hard work sad

worraliberty Fri 19-Aug-11 23:46:29

Yes but surely you're not back to your old size...you're just pregnant?

I know a lot of people gain 'baby weight' but not everyone does.

If you continue to eat sensibly, there's no reason why you shouldn't go straight back to your pre pregnancy weight.

AgentZigzag Fri 19-Aug-11 23:46:35

Hormones getting you down? <<one of them twats not afraid to use stereotypes grin>>

You'll notice the two stones when your DC has been born, your pain hasn't been for nowt smile

CustardCake Fri 19-Aug-11 23:51:27

Don't be daft - you're not back at your old size at all.
You PLUS A WHOLE NEW PERSON COMBINED are now the same size that once only you occupied (I am not sure that is worded in the best way but you know what I mean).

You did fantastially well to lose the weight but you musn't beat yourself up about your weight now. Weight gain through pregnancy is not the same thing at all as if you'd put it on through poor diet - it is just your baby growing and all good and healthy.
If its any consolation - the thinnest I have ever been in my entire life was about a 8 months after my first baby was born. You lose a lot of the weight really fast after the birth and then if you're vaguely good the rest comes off within a few more months.

cornsilx Fri 19-Aug-11 23:52:54

wow well done! 2 stone is loads!

lydiamama Fri 19-Aug-11 23:53:47

Congratulations on your pregnancy, and never mind the sizes now, you will loose all in a few months time, just do not overeat and remember you are beautiful

Rowena8482 Sat 20-Aug-11 00:05:48

It's not fat, it's BABY! Big difference and congrats on the weight loss and the baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now