Talk

Advanced search

To expect more from John Lewis?

(9 Posts)
ivesufferedenoughfools Fri 19-Aug-11 19:24:00

My first post! Am 35 weeks pg and had ordered a chest of drawers from JL for my baby's nursery. Took a day off work to receive the order (between 7am and 2pm today) and it didn't turn up. Received a call later to say that we could reschedule the delivery - so was meant to be here between 6pm and 8pm. The thing is - we've just had another call to say they can't make tonight either!!!
AIBU to expect more? I've been housebound for most of the day waiting for something that looks like it will never make it. To top things off, when I told the man who rang me to cancel the order, he said I need to call another number to do that as it's not his department. So much for excellent customer service!

thisisyesterday Fri 19-Aug-11 19:27:50

hmm i don't know

sometimes things go wrong don't they? it's annoying, but just because they're John Lewis doesn't mean that they can't ever have something happen that is beyond their control

so I'd see what happens now. if they re-arrange delivery and it comes then no problem
if they piss about any more then start getting angry!

ivesufferedenoughfools Fri 19-Aug-11 19:38:11

thisisyesterday - thanks for your reply. H
ave to say, I sort of agree with you. It's just this is the third time this has happened in as many months, the last time being with the baby's cot. And I still go back for more?!? The problem is, I like what they sell but to mess up so many deliveries so badly in such a short space of time can't be good...

iskra Fri 19-Aug-11 19:40:38

Ooh, I'm peeved with John Lewis too. We just ordered pretty much all of our kitchen appliances from them (vouchers!). Waited in for it, received everything but the fridge. They initially denied we hadn't received the fridge until they called us back to admit that we hadn't got the fridge & in fact it wouldn't be in stock for 6 weeks. Grr.

ZillionChocolate Fri 19-Aug-11 19:41:12

That's annoying. I had a delivery from JL a couple of weeks ago in the same slot and it all worked perfectly, in fact they were here at 6.55. I think you were just unlucky. Worth complaining though. There was some slight damage to my package and they offered me a replacement or 15% off.

FerretMum Fri 19-Aug-11 20:01:03

I would make your complaint in writing... When I complained in store it was handled very well and I was given vouchers by way of compensation. If you are able to find the time to write a letter, I expect they would try to keep you similarly happy!

JarethTheGoblinKing Fri 19-Aug-11 20:06:32

Is it a separate courier?

joric Fri 19-Aug-11 20:43:51

Phone them and ask for them to deliver it ( time and date) to suit you.
I did this when they failed to fit a carpet I bought from them and arranged to be fitted by them .. The delivery man's instructions were to just deliver it. I phoned straight away, they were very apologetic. I asked them to come at a certain time later in the week and they did!

MissBetsyTrotwood Fri 19-Aug-11 20:51:44

We had several problems when our mattress was delivered and it was a separate courier. Even though they'd assured us it would be John Lewis delivery services.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now