Talk

Advanced search

to unleash the hound (DP) onto the landlord

(6 Posts)
LisasCat Fri 19-Aug-11 17:52:47

I always manage things concerning the running of the house, partly because DP can get a bit arsey and put people off wanting to do stuff. For example, when we took up this tenancy, he filled in the forms with sarky comments, because he was disgruntled about the agency fees (and subsequently had to pay another £95 for a second credit check after the first got rejected, with answers like "none of your business" or "for £95 you can get off your arses and look up this information for yourselves").

So since the shower broke a month ago, I've held him at bay and been dealing with the landlord and plumber myself, fearing that, if he goes in, all guns blazing, he'll piss them right off, and they'll deliberately take even longer.

Now, however, I've lost my patience, we've been without a shower for a month, and the landlord says the plumber's trying to find the right model, while the plumber says he's waiting for approval from the landlord.

So was I fair to finally release the phone numbers to DP, let him off the lead, and allow him to go to town on these people, figuring that, having been reliant upon baths for a month, how much worse can he make the situation?

RoseC Fri 19-Aug-11 17:55:54

YABU, not least because your next landlord might require a reference from your current landlord.

And your DP's behaviour doesn't sound 'sarky', it sounds plain rude.

OTheHugeRaveningWolef Fri 19-Aug-11 17:56:52

Please make sure you're earwigging when your DP makes the call, and then update this thread.

<shameless voyeur>

LisasCat Fri 19-Aug-11 18:04:36

RoseC I assure you I went ape at that little stunt, and told him that his second check had better go through without hitch, or DD and I would be moving into the house alone, and he could move back in with his mum. He's not normally that rude, just when beaurocracy gets involved, which is why I push him to the background and take over dealing with things like this.

Unfortunately he's calling (has probably already called) from work, to fit in with the working day of the plumber and landlord, so I'll have to wait to hear what little gem he's dished out second hand.

worraliberty Fri 19-Aug-11 18:11:35

He does sound incredibly childish but I suppose if you can't make them shift their arses, what choice is there?

DraculasMum Fri 19-Aug-11 19:31:52

Haha me and p have this system.

He is the nice guy and deals with all the pleasantrys (sp?) then when things start to go pete tong and he is getting knowwhere he unleashes me and i go hell for leather and get the job done.

Its a good system to have. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now