Talk

Advanced search

Are you a moaner?

(23 Posts)
AngryBeaver Fri 19-Aug-11 14:48:07

Not in the sex way!(unless you want to particularly want to share!)
When you are pregnant/ill do you complain about it?
I have been told off this morning for saying "Ughh,I feel sick" I have morning sickness. Dh says it was at least the 10th time that morning I had said it.
I maintain that his only trial is to listen to me moan about it and not endure any of the symptoms himself!
It has made me feel a bit self conscious about verbalising my discomfort...and I said he was an unfeeling baarstard.
So am I bu,or is he?

fifitrixibellesmith Fri 19-Aug-11 14:49:17

its very wearing hearing someone moaning all day long

you get to the point where you either ignore it, switch off completely or say SHUT THE FUCK UP!!

worraliberty Fri 19-Aug-11 15:19:06

I agree it is wearing when someone keeps telling you how ill they feel...especially if you can't do anything about it.

MoominsAreScary Fri 19-Aug-11 15:21:23

Not till I met dp, he has a massive cock! < winks>

My last two pg I have moaned to dp quite abit, I think I have the right, after all it is partially his fault I'm feeling this bad!

AfternoonDelight Fri 19-Aug-11 15:23:21

I am!

When I was pg my DF got 10 minute updates on my symptoms. Even if I wasn't having any.

Callisto Fri 19-Aug-11 15:24:20

I can take someone whinging for about 2 mins and then I tell them to suck it up or feck off. I had a shitty pregnancy and felt dire the entire time but apart from the odd bitch, I got on with it. Moaning minnies are dullsville.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Fri 19-Aug-11 15:24:27

Nope. A small whinge now and again grin I'm only human. But going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it . No.

What can anyone say?

I'm ill
oh dear
I'm ill
Poor you
I'm ill
oh, how awful
I'm ill
that's a pity
I'm ill

I HEARD YOU THE FIRST HUNDRED TIMES! SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP! grin

But seriously, being sick is a pain in the arse, feeling ill is rotten, but does going on about it every five minutes actually make you feel less ill?

I honestly don't think it does.

However, I remember morning sickness and it was rotten spending half my day yodelling down the big white phone grin so although I can see how wailing that you feel sick every five minutes is going to get irritating grin I don't actually blame you.

bananapirate Fri 19-Aug-11 15:28:06

no. not when ill, or when pregnant, but I did have a great pregnancy

but husband moans all the time, about everything, constant. And it's sooo wearing.

Agree with TheMagnificentBathykolpian

PinotsKittens Fri 19-Aug-11 16:03:49

I agree with MagBath...how do I shorten your name?? 'pian? Mag? Bathy?

Fatshionista Fri 19-Aug-11 16:08:18

I am a moaner. I know it's pointless and annoying but I can't help saying what I'm feeling so it comes out as moaning a lot. DH gets fed up of it.

Kendodd Fri 19-Aug-11 16:09:19

I think some people just aren't happy unless they're moaning though. In fact I think some people just aren't happy unless they're miserable.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Fri 19-Aug-11 16:11:06

You may call me The Magnificent

grin wink

or Bathy.

Probably Bathy grin

BrainSurgeon Fri 19-Aug-11 16:14:31

YES I am a massive moaner blush

gailpottertilsleyplatt Fri 19-Aug-11 16:15:43

Oh yes. If I have a cold you would think I was suffering from the Black Death.

upahill Fri 19-Aug-11 16:17:25

On the whole no.
I used to be and then I heard some one complain about nearly everything and I noticed how it brought everyone's mood down.

That moment pulled me up sharpish and I definatly changed my attitude and I am certainly more up beat about nerly everything.

Not saying that I never whinge but certainly not like I used to.
I have found that I have mellowed with age anyway and I am more tolerent of things.

PinotsKittens Fri 19-Aug-11 16:19:16

<arf> at "You may call me The Magnificent" I say that to my kids all the time.

<snogs Bathy>

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Fri 19-Aug-11 16:20:18

ooh I say!

<coy>

NorfolkBroad Fri 19-Aug-11 16:25:13

I am always surprised at how unsympathetic some people are to others who are feeling poorly! I quite enjoy nursing people and my mum and dad are the same. My DP told me that even when she had flu her ex used to say "I've got no sympathy for you, stop being pathetic!" How horrible! Hope you feel better soon AngryBeaver, morning sickness is GRIM!

alemci Fri 19-Aug-11 16:35:26

Yes I am a right moaning Minnie and sound like Victor Meldrew at times. When I was young my best friend and I used to laugh at our dads because they were so moany but I think I may have morphed into him.

I do think moaning makes the world go round though and I do it with humour.

AngryBeaver Fri 19-Aug-11 18:18:17

Nice to see that I'm not alone! I don't think I moan generally,but at the moment I think I feel so crappy and tired I just don't know what to do with myself, so I think moaning/venting helps!
It does make me fecin' larf though.When dh is ill he moans his feckin' head off.."Oh jaysus,I feel like SHIT!"
"Oh GOD,I feel AWFUL" complete with heavy breathing and groans.
He's a cheeky fecker having a go at me.
But,I do agree,it's pretty tedious listening to someone gripe.
I'm afraid I'm still going to do it though grin

AngryBeaver Fri 19-Aug-11 18:21:37

ps..thank you norfolk you sound like a really lovely person
<whispers..be my friend and come and fuss over me>grin

startwig1982 Fri 19-Aug-11 18:38:38

I try not to be but dh moans hugely about colds, headaches, blocked ears... I do sometimes tell him to shut up!! smile

ChrissasMissis Fri 19-Aug-11 19:51:09

Oh, I moaned MERCILESSLY when I was pregnant. I felt it was my due, as DP was the one who really wanted to have a baby NOW...I felt like poo for eight out of the nine months and took the view that I wasn't going to win any medals for having a stiff upper lip. My mother kept telling me "You're pregnant, you're not ill!" and it literally made me want to kill her. Moaning is the by-product of feeling that you aren't being listened to/sympathised with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now