Talk

Advanced search

Hiring a car abroad with child seats

(3 Posts)
elegangle Fri 19-Aug-11 14:28:22

Just got back from Spain to find a bill for nearly 150 Euros for the rental of 2 child booster seats for a week. Flipping fuming, they cost 7.99 in Argos.

And yes it is our fault we didn't see the 63Euro plus VAT maximum charge in the small print. But really, how can they charge THAT much for such a small piece of plastic, they were booster seats not all singing all dancing class 1-3 things. I understand that they probably can't be re-used but still that mark up is extortianate.

Just a warning, if you are hiring a car whilst on your summer hols take your own car seats with you or buy once there. If we knew this we would have bought some locally.

GRRR

notfarmingatthemo Fri 19-Aug-11 19:41:47

this is good if you are only doing a small about of car travel

ForkInTheForeheid Fri 19-Aug-11 20:45:48

I understand that they probably can't be re-used but still that mark up is extortianate.

Why would you think they couldn't be reused? As long as they haven't been in a crash why would they not reuse them?? We paid an extortionate amount for my son's carseat when we went to Spain and it was old and crap. Really should have complained but didn't have much option at the time.

Carseats are just one more thing to squeeze extra unnecessary money out of holiday-makers unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now