Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with Cotton Traders?

(9 Posts)
LtEveDallas Thu 18-Aug-11 19:12:23

Bought 2 swimming costumes (tankini things) from Cotton Traders for my hols. Well, bought one then like the fit so much I got the same top in a different colour so I could mix and match. They weren't cheap.

Before the end of the first week they had stretched so badly that they couldn't be worn (not without my fanjo hanging out anyway)

Spent a day having to look for another one (not an easy job) and ended up paying out a ridiculous amount of cash for something my mother would have loved hmm that I spent
the next week wearing, uncomfortably (and I think I looked like Hattie Jacques).

Sent CT a complaint email when I got back and yesterday got a reply basically "Thanks for your feedback, sorry you weren't happy" and that's it.

I thought that at least I would be asked to send the costumes back, and I hoped I would have been reimbursed for wasting more than 50 quid on something that only lasted 5 days.

Bastards angry

Bananamash Thu 18-Aug-11 19:20:22

They are legally obliged to refund you- the items were not fit for purpose.

Write them a strongly worded letter telling them so!

LtEveDallas Thu 18-Aug-11 19:54:24

My email was pretty strongly worded, they just didn't seem to care and annoyingly you cannot 'reply' to their email, only go back to the website and make another comment using their 'contact us' button.

I'm not sure how to start another one as it will prob go to a diff person. S'pose I could C&P the original and see what happens.

Pisses me right off, I used to think they were a good company

EuphemiaMcGonagall Thu 18-Aug-11 19:56:34

I hope you get a refund. Sods.

I wouldn't worry too much about looking like Hattie - she got one heck of a lot of action. wink

joric Thu 18-Aug-11 20:05:55

Phone them and ask for a refund and a pre paid label to send them back. sad

Takitezee Thu 18-Aug-11 22:48:01

There's no point in c&ping if the first letter didn't get you anywhere. You don't actually state that you said you wanted to return then and asked for a refund which would be the best thing to do.

MadamDeathstare Thu 18-Aug-11 23:58:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RottenRow Fri 19-Aug-11 06:40:03

Cotton Traders is such poor quality. Write to them and ask for your money back. Or if you are near a shop go in

LtEveDallas Fri 19-Aug-11 06:47:31

You know, I didn't think of that (such a dick sometimes). We have actually got a CT shop near us, but I think it's more of an outlet (always full of the granny stuff and the rugby shirts). If nothing else I could get a proper email address from them.

Think I'll try that this weekend. Maybe I should take my matronly swimming costume with me as well - show them what I was reduced to!

Bloody shop put a dampener on my holiday, I certainly won't be using them again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now