Talk

Advanced search

To warn you all to take extra care of kiosk bought chips this holiday!!

(111 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Thu 18-Aug-11 16:13:11

Just that really.

DS2's leg

DS2 fell on some shop bought chips at the coast 2 weeks ago, this is his leg today. Still infected but on the mend.

whatsallthehullaballoo Thu 18-Aug-11 16:14:49

Oh my goodness! Glad your son is on the mend now - looks like complete agony sad

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 18-Aug-11 16:15:31

Eewww!

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 18-Aug-11 16:19:06

Whats, it is a lot better than it was.

Ellen, I agree ewww but I didn't think chips bought from a kiosk were that hot obviously I was wrong.

I'm missing something. Why is it the chips' fault? What hurt his leg? And your FB profile is wide open. Your full name etc are visible.

b1uebells Thu 18-Aug-11 16:20:54

Oh gosh poor boy, looks painful. Glad he is on the mend. When you say Kiosk do you mean a chip type van? Had they just come out the fryer?

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 18-Aug-11 16:21:23

Chickens, only this album is open the rest is on lockdown has been for months.

The chips are what he landed on when he slipped. thats why I said be careful with the chips.

Oh, ok. Got it now. I thought he had just slipped over on some chips and somehow injured himself. I didn't realise he was burnt.

TheMonster Thu 18-Aug-11 16:22:19

If it was going to happen to anyone, TLES, it would happen to you!

Hope he's not in too much pain.

Your name is still visible, Lady. It might be an idea to set up a fb page for your MN name so you can link to pics without giving out your RL details. Your name is quite distinctive.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 18-Aug-11 16:23:33

So was he burnt or did he cut himself and manky chip get in the cut?

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 18-Aug-11 16:23:39

B1ue, yes thats what I mean the kiosk at the beach front. I didn't go with DS2, DS1, a friends DD and my friend took the younger children to get chips. DS2 was standing on a ledge at the front of the kiosk slipped off of it and landed on some chips that fell out of the cone he was holding.

I assum they just came out of the fryer because of the heat of them.

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 18-Aug-11 16:25:36

BoE - I wasn't there nah nah nah nah !!! tongue out he is much better than he was last week he was poorly with the infection. But is on the mend now.

He was burnt on his leg by the chips

ShirleyKnot Thu 18-Aug-11 16:27:00

HOT CHIPS~!

worraliberty Thu 18-Aug-11 16:27:04

Poor thing, hope he's on the mend sad

It was more of a freak accident I think than anything we should be careful of though. I mean it's unusual to spill your own chips and then fall on top of them if you see what I mean.

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 18-Aug-11 16:28:50

Worra, yes but then I have a clumsy 3yr old who 2 days previously was in a&e with a suspected fracture turned out to be a sprain.

Shirley yes very hot.

worraliberty Thu 18-Aug-11 16:30:14

I don't understand what he was standing on? Was it a kerb type ledge on the side of the beach?

BootyMum Thu 18-Aug-11 16:31:11

My God, hard to believe that hot chips caused an injury of that severity!

Was they covered by, and he then splashed by, hot oil? This is deadly stuff. As a teenager I used to work in a chicken and chips shop. One night the floors were particularly greasy and one of our cashiers slipped and plunged her hand and arm into the fryer... Really nasty.

I hope your son's leg is healed soon sad

TheMonster Thu 18-Aug-11 16:32:02

Bootymum shock

worraliberty Thu 18-Aug-11 16:32:34

OMG Bootymum shock sad

NettoSuperstar Thu 18-Aug-11 16:33:39

I can't see the photo but I'm guessing he was burned by hot chips?

I hope he's better soon.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 18-Aug-11 16:35:19

Glad he's getting better. Wow, hot chips?!

MugglesandLuna Thu 18-Aug-11 16:38:48

bootymum that happened to a girl I was at 6th form with, she had an evening job at McDonalds. She lost her hand in the end sad

MumblingRagDoll Thu 18-Aug-11 16:51:18

God that's terrible! poor DS. I hope it's better soon. Thanks for the warning!

Oh gawd. All this deep frying of limbs has made me feel a bit queasy. What horrific accidents.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now