Talk

Advanced search

To not agree with all the Mens Rights Activists who troll around the feminist section pretending to be regular posters?

(65 Posts)
HerBeX Thu 18-Aug-11 09:32:27

And start stupid threads pretending to want to enter into real debate when all they want to do is post endless reams of dull shite?

UsingMainlySpoons Thu 18-Aug-11 09:34:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stripeywoollenhat Thu 18-Aug-11 09:36:55

yanbu.

what're tone trolls?

somewherewest Thu 18-Aug-11 09:38:10

It IS a public forum though. If people want a feminist forum where contributors are pre-screened for their views on feminism and can be turfed off easily then mumsnet isn't the place to be.

SardineQueen Thu 18-Aug-11 09:38:19

Hahahahaha

YANBU

I liked the thread where the OP was about how many feminists refused to have penetrative sex on principle and was that the right approach.

I don't know if it got many responses I think all the feminist regs were in bed with their OHs wink

Portofino Thu 18-Aug-11 09:38:44

YANBU!

SardineQueen Thu 18-Aug-11 09:39:12

Do you know what a troll is somewherewest?

Mitmoo Thu 18-Aug-11 09:44:10

I love the way that stories unfold where the father is an example of parenting how it shouldn't be done and instead of saying "protect the child at all costs" they say "Hes your child too, go for shared parenting" as if they don't have F4J written all over them.

I am all for equal rights when it is right for the child but they are so obvious! So no you ANBU

SardineQueen Thu 18-Aug-11 09:46:11

It never crossed my mind that any of those might be F4J people mitmoo. I'm sure you're right though.

Mind you it's not really trolling if it's your genuine view and you are just posting it... Trolling has an extra dimension I think.

MrsPollifaxInnocentTourist Thu 18-Aug-11 09:47:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheBossofMe Thu 18-Aug-11 09:48:51

Extra points to MrsPollifax for use of the word nincompoops - love it!

ComradeJing Thu 18-Aug-11 09:51:53

YADNBU

Where are so many people so threatened by it?

NoobyNoob Thu 18-Aug-11 09:52:57

Someone posted This over on chat.

It makes interesting reading!

Prolesworth Thu 18-Aug-11 09:53:36

Message withdrawn

SybilBeddows Thu 18-Aug-11 09:56:00

they are quite boring and pointless.

AuntieMonica Thu 18-Aug-11 09:59:04

YANBU

i'm even tempted to start a spreadsheet on the less 'clever' ones grin

Mitmoo Thu 18-Aug-11 10:10:41

There was one the other day that went. I am a great father I want to take my child away for a night and wife wont let me. AIBU".

Pages of your wife is a loon take your child. Then drips in after the wife was slagged off that he'd tried to make her read the thread, that there was a 3.5 month old and the wife had PND. Instead of saying support your wife and have the night over later when your wife is better, it was "Just take the child or you will bea second class parent forever, just go now, or you'll regret it for life" kind of OTT statements.

Then they'll come out with things like "If you go to court the judge will give you shared parenting" when in fact if the ex won't play ball they'll be lucky to see the child at all for the next six months while Crapcass do their work.

They seem to want to encourage fathers into court when it is the last place they should be.

F4J are the nuts FNF do put the children first. It's my guess they are F4J members. That's how they come across to me anyway but could be wrong.

Tortington Thu 18-Aug-11 10:12:13

if you suspect a troll report it

mn are aware of these anti mumsnet ment

please do not troll hunt - it just makes you a bunch of FUCKERS

LRDTheFeministDragon Thu 18-Aug-11 10:15:46

Custardo, loads of people have reported - HQ can't keep up with teh trolls. It's not, imo, 'normal' troll-hunting. These people have their own website where they are quite open about their trolling.

LRDTheFeministDragon Thu 18-Aug-11 10:16:59

Oh, and YANBU.

The worst thing is that it spoils everything for ordinary posters who genuinely want to ask questions or chat - no-one can tell who is asking genuine questions and who is just messing about.

UmYeahLikeTotally Thu 18-Aug-11 10:16:59

Actually I think YABVU.

Did you know that if they don't defend themselves against the evils of feminism at every given opportunity, they are so overcome with oestrogen that their penises fall off?!

It's tragic. Therefore, YABU -- you heartless misandrist--

solidgoldbrass Thu 18-Aug-11 10:18:02

Think of them as a health benefit offered nowhere else. Feeling irritable? Need something to vent your stresses on? Just pop onto the feminism section, hunt up one or two of these brain-donor bellends and have at 'em. Does wonders for the blood pressure.

Prolesworth Thu 18-Aug-11 10:19:22

Message withdrawn

justforaminute Thu 18-Aug-11 10:22:54

ha ha ha ha ha ha @SGB.
troll therepy.

TheBossofMe Thu 18-Aug-11 10:28:42

God, I love this thread - use of the words nincompoops and bellends all in one place. Such apt descriptions grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now