Talk

Advanced search

To sing and dance and celebrate the death of...

(23 Posts)
LadyFlumpalot Thu 18-Aug-11 09:18:49

My OH's Playstation! Yes, the bane of my existence has died! Even better, I didn't have to put "Operation - Well aimed baby sick" into action either, the laser thingy has died by itself.

Peace and quiet of an evening! No more sounds of cars revving and people getting shot (Not the same game!)

grin

Poledra Thu 18-Aug-11 09:22:08

You know he's just going to ask Santa but himself another one, don't you? [evilgrin]

Poledra Thu 18-Aug-11 09:22:32

buy, not but!!

<note to self; spellcheck, you fule!>

joric Thu 18-Aug-11 09:22:40

So you'll be replacing it soon then?!

LadyFlumpalot Thu 18-Aug-11 09:27:08

Lol, I have told him he can have another one. AS long as he buys it from his bank account with his own money and it doesn't impact on his share of our bills, childcare costs etc.

I'm safe, he can't afford it by himself. grin

jellihejj Thu 18-Aug-11 11:09:38

Oh know exactly what you mean, I envy you right now! My partner lives and breathes football manager. It is seriously THE most dull game ever! I wish you happy playstation free nights :-)

JanMorrow Thu 18-Aug-11 11:15:46

RIP. He plays it whilst you're all there? Mine only plays on it if he's in on his own and I didn't even make that rule!

LadyFlumpalot Thu 18-Aug-11 12:15:59

I have already booked up the digibox jellihejj! He plays it all the flippin time JanMorrow - I don't mind him being on it per se. It's the constant sounds from it. Repeated every 5 minutes. For hours. And the running commentarry from him - especially on CODBLOPS. "I shot in the the head! Why didn't you die?!?" etc, etc.

LadyFlumpalot Thu 18-Aug-11 12:16:53

For - "I shot in the the head! Why didn't you die?!?" Please read - "I shot you in the head! Why didn't you die?!?"

PtCatalyst Thu 18-Aug-11 12:23:22

The same thing happened to ours and we got the drive replaced so we could still use it

robotlollypopman Thu 18-Aug-11 12:38:18

YABU. And selfish.

Awomancalledhorse Thu 18-Aug-11 12:42:12

sad RIP Playstation.

robotlollypopman Thu 18-Aug-11 12:44:44

If your OH was happy because something you enjoyed had broken, he'd be torn to pieces on here for being a horrible bastard, and then for trying to control you.

worraliberty Thu 18-Aug-11 12:47:09

As much as I've never understood adults playing with these toys, I agree with robotlolly

Magna Thu 18-Aug-11 12:47:45

You do realise Lady that you will have to start talking with your DH wink grin

LadyFlumpalot Thu 18-Aug-11 12:49:57

Oh, I would never, never be so horrible as to dance and si.dang around him robotlolly and worra - after all I love him. That's why I am having a bit of a gloat here instead. And, as I have said I have not banned him from getting another one, just said that I won't contribute to it. I couldn't afford to anyhow!

LadyFlumpalot Thu 18-Aug-11 12:50:22

si.dang? Damn sausage fingers. Sing even!

BettyTurnip Thu 18-Aug-11 12:56:28

Blimey robotlolly - overreacting much? Just a bit of lighthearted banter surely.

robotlollypopman Thu 18-Aug-11 12:58:54

Maybe it's just lighthearted banter today Betty. But where as she when the Sony warehouse was torched? Coincidence?

LadyFlumpalot Thu 18-Aug-11 12:59:38

Magna - Yes, I said the same thing to him last night and he started trying to hunt out his Comet credit card with a renewed passion!

Seriously, in case I am misunderstood - I don't begrudge him it and keep quiet while he is playing (unless he starts to takes the piss), but it does really really annoy me. Hence, pleased to be enjoying a little peace at the moment and venting my joy here instead of in real life!

LadyFlumpalot Thu 18-Aug-11 13:00:39

RobotLolly - I was in Dorset, where I live. Why? Where were you?

I really, really hope thats a joke...

robotlollypopman Thu 18-Aug-11 13:01:46

:-)

Magna Thu 18-Aug-11 13:10:48

Lady grin. It may be you hunting it out soon though wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now