Talk

Advanced search

To want to be one of the real housewives of orange county?

(44 Posts)
mrsshears Wed 17-Aug-11 15:57:00

blush .......

Pawsnclaws Wed 17-Aug-11 16:00:17

Do you think they seem happy? I love the programme but they all seem miserable for all the money and the lovely lifestyle.

Am watching now and one of them has just said she's 32. Her face would be beautiful but it's frozen by Botox.

StrandedBear Wed 17-Aug-11 16:00:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsshears Wed 17-Aug-11 16:03:31

I know,that was what the blush was for.
It would be amazing to have that lifestyle though but with the added happiness i have now.

ragged Wed 17-Aug-11 16:08:27

Is this in CA? I guess they aren't showing many housewives living in Santa Ana, for some reason.... <<Sigh>> Good tortillas, though.

NoobyNoob Wed 17-Aug-11 16:33:57

Really? I love watching it, but the drama, the nastiness, the rejection of not fitting in makes me glad I'm not.

Although I'd happily have all their money, but with my life I have now smile

NoobyNoob Wed 17-Aug-11 16:34:59

Do you have a favourite?

I think I like Gretchen out of them all.

I want to hit Tamra in the face with a fish, though.

Shinyshoes1 Wed 17-Aug-11 16:37:19

Gretchen is a bitch, she seems so ungrateful, her boyf Slade wanted them to do painting together as a suprise, you should have heard her banging on and would have rather diamonds shock

Bloody nasty cow

Shinyshoes1 Wed 17-Aug-11 16:40:14

Vicki is a complete control freak and she'd be scary to have as a friend, I get the feeling you'd have to walk on egg shells around her all the time for fear of saying the wrong thing

sunbear Wed 17-Aug-11 16:44:33

their kids are all a bit damaged though aren't they, one is in prison and the dark haired woman's (what's her name!) sons are really awful to her

they all seem way to old to have bleached blonde hair too grin

still love the show

Pawsnclaws Wed 17-Aug-11 16:55:59

Oh gosh, I just read that one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (Taylor?) - her husband committed suicide this week.

I can't help feeling there's a lot of insecurity and unhappiness involved in these programmes.

Shinyshoes1 Wed 17-Aug-11 16:56:04

Plus Vicki ALWAYS does that horrid, stary , shaky head thing, as if to say pardon moi , she'd be very hard to get along with unless you're in her quiche wink

DraculasMum Wed 17-Aug-11 17:29:18

I love all these programmes, I just googled about taylor and can't believe it!

Iv just started watch the real housewives of miami!

Its all so dramatic but kind of funny

Coca Wed 17-Aug-11 17:32:53

Can't stand Tamra or Vicki, poor Don!

sunbear Wed 17-Aug-11 17:33:52

don is a complete bitch though, he's as bad as the women

mrsdonkeybucket Wed 17-Aug-11 17:35:31

You are all watching the wrong housewives.

The best programme I have seen for a long time was 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey'.

Was on very late, and with very good reason sometimes.

And I wouldn't like to be ANY of them.

So, YABVU ! smile

janelikesjam Wed 17-Aug-11 17:36:54

I enjoy too! But they are completely obsessed with their appearance and work very, very hard to maintain it. Sometimes its a bit sickly - you know the husband who bought his wife some diamond earings as a present for going through her latest needless plastic surgery (someone pass the sick bag). I like and loathe them all in equal measure.

Squitten Wed 17-Aug-11 17:39:39

They all seem miserable. Most of the men are domineering pigs and the women are vicious harridens. The kids are just vile. Jeana and her family were prime examples of all of the above.

Love watching them at each others' throats though

joric Wed 17-Aug-11 20:00:58

They are horrible to each other with ungrateful DC and bemused looking husbands.

CleverClod Wed 17-Aug-11 20:39:11

But don't you just love it when they get their comeuppence?

To think, Simon's actually English! Now HE was controlling, shame he couldn't control Tamra's mouth though, eh?

Peggy's just dreadful, she's 40 something (?) trying to act 20 something. It's hilarious listening to Alexis and Peggy trying to outdo each other.

I love it, love it, love.

And yes, I watched the New Jersey one too - that fight, in the restaurant shock - chavs, all of them grin just goes to prove, money can't buy you class.

bellediva Wed 17-Aug-11 20:50:58

Oh me too! I say the exact same thing to my DH practically every day!

They do seem pretty bitchy but I would really enjoy living that sort of lifestyle. Just to look great everyday and do all the things you enjoy. It would be fab! I would love to design my own dress line like Alexis or get a range of handbags going like Gretchen. I wouldnt mind driving a Bentley like Peggy either.....having all that dosh just open up so many great opportunities. Oh and all the clothes, food, drink, houses, holidays, yachts....

I can dream sad

Pawsnclaws Wed 17-Aug-11 21:13:50

Shinyshoes I know what you mean about the Vicky look, her eyes do this kind of manic thing where they ping around and you think - uh oh ....

I feel sorry for her children, they seem quite normal comparatively and she is so controlling. Actually I feel sorry for most of their dcs. Remember Lauri the Gold-digger from the previous series? Her son was in all sorts of trouble and yet her response just seemed to be to concentrate even more on catching a wealthy husband.

There also seem to be plenty of financial problems and people living beyond their means. And maybe it's the way it's edited, but they seem to eat nothing and drink a hell of a lot.

I envy their lovely figures, but what is the deal with the beautiful tanned bodies and ghostly white matt faces? I'm assuming they don't tan their faces, but it looks weird.

Goodness .... I need to get a life, right?

SoftKittyWarmKitty Wed 17-Aug-11 21:15:34

I love The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Got into it a few episodes in and now I'm hooked, to the point that I'm recording it this Sunday as I'll be on holiday blush.

I read about Taylor's husband yesterday and was very shocked, although when watching I felt he was very controlling of her. Still sad though, for their DD too.

EightToSixer Wed 17-Aug-11 21:25:56

Addicted to the RHoOC too. I was thinking today though that they are all so miserable and so petrified of losing their money, men, looks etc that they appear to get no real enjoyment out of life.

The majority of them are so shallow as well, and often utterly controlled by their husbands. Except poor Don (who to be fair was only bitchy in one episode when drunk, and usually seems like a real poppet) who is completely controlled by Vicky, who he obviously still loves and misses when she works all night.

I miss Jeanna, I liked her, was hulled and seemed like a great mum, shame.

CleverClod Wed 17-Aug-11 22:33:48

But in the trailers, don't we see Jeanna being pushed, possibly by Tamra??

Can't wait for that one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now