Talk

Advanced search

about the police parking in MY drive?

(15 Posts)
BeStillMyBeatingFart Wed 17-Aug-11 15:26:12

I've written before about my neighbours who squabble over their child, call the police and are then best friends again by tea time.

I've mentioned the noise, the shouting, the fighting in the street and the constant presence of police cars.

I'm fed up.

Both my child and the children in the house opposite are terrifed. They see and hear the fighting and shouting. Recently one of the children (who is very sensitive) was convinced he saw the bloke holding a gun and had a proper panic attack.

Today I come home and there's a police car plonked in my driveway.

I do feel (mildly) sorry for them to be going through this but my sympathy diminishes each tie we're yet again didturbed by them. Either by the fighting or by the police knocking on my door repeatedly wanting statements.

However, surely I should be able to come home and park in the drive which I pay for? There was plenty of other parking spaces in the street.

I'm probably hugely over-reacting but I just want to live in peace. I don't want constant fighting outside my house and I want my property to remain my property.

It wasn't an 'emergency situation' either. I could see them through the window all having a cosy chat.

If it was an isolated incident I'd let it go but it really is constant trouble and constant police trouble.

TheMonster Wed 17-Aug-11 15:28:44

I'd have sat in my car and beeped until they moved so I could get into my drive.

worraliberty Wed 17-Aug-11 15:30:47

What did they say when you asked them why they parked on your drive?

Do you share the drive with your neighbour?

StrandedBear Wed 17-Aug-11 15:32:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ClaireDeLoon Wed 17-Aug-11 15:34:12

I'd have rang the local police non-emergency number and said that there was a car obstructing your drive could they come tow it away please.

BeStillMyBeatingFart Wed 17-Aug-11 15:35:23

No, not shared. Is mine. Is also really obvious whos driveway is whos too.

I just parked eslewhere.

It's gone now but I took down the reg, not that I can do much with it.

Is it tresspassing to park on someone's drive?

Shinyshoes1 Wed 17-Aug-11 15:38:11

I would leave them tbh and then park in my drive once they have gone. It's not THAT huge a deal really is it, it's not like they are there for long. Or is it you're resentful about them doing it because of the shitty neighbours

MoominsAreScary Wed 17-Aug-11 15:39:26

My mil has a problem with her neighbours parking over her drive, the police were called and came out, they have informed my mil that anyone can park over your drive if your car isn't in it, if your car was in the drive and someone parked over it only then is it obstruction, don't know if it's true but this is what they've said.

Andrewofgg Wed 17-Aug-11 15:39:40

Yes it is, but so what?

Next time: block your own drive and leave a note under thier wipers, nice and friendly, explaining that You are on my drive so I have ahd to block you, will be happy to move when you go and giving the address.

worraliberty Wed 17-Aug-11 15:40:32

Are the driveways separated by walls/fences?

It's quite unusual for anyone to park on someone else's drive if they are visiting the house nextdoor....that's what makes me think it was a mistake.

Either way, it can't be that big a deal if you couldn't be bothered to knock and ask them why they parked there surely?

MoominsAreScary Wed 17-Aug-11 15:42:36

Don't know if it's trespass to park on someone's drive but it's pretty rude, you will probably find the police can park where they like though

Shinyshoes1 Wed 17-Aug-11 15:42:50

it's the police though an emergency service, not a neighbour, it's a different scenerio then

Purpleprickles Wed 17-Aug-11 15:43:20

I think it would piss me off purely because by parking in your drive you are in a sense being made part of the situation. You could always ring the station and explain that your children are already scared by the arguments and the police being called and that parking in your drive doesn't help. Explain that you are fed up with this situation and ask what can be done to prevent it.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 17-Aug-11 15:45:19

Can you leave them a cheeky 'ticket'? grin

BeStillMyBeatingFart Wed 17-Aug-11 15:58:09

I could leave a cheeky ticket, I suppose. grin

I work in a CRB'd enviroment and my colleagues have often questioned why there's police outside my house (while they're driving past, I assume they're not stalking me). When they're on my drive it looks like they're visting me!!

It also worries my child.

Is pain, and makes me fel as though I'm 'involved'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now