Talk

Advanced search

To ask the guy over the road to park somewhere else around my due date?

(50 Posts)
RealityVonCrapp Wed 17-Aug-11 14:50:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImperialBlether Wed 17-Aug-11 14:54:46

I think your husband should deal with this. He should ask the neighbour why he parks outside your house anyway, regardless of whether a baby is due.

He should refer to the baby but ask the bloke to just stop parking there, when he has parking space in his own driveway. It's totally selfish behaviour. If your DH asks him to do it for a month or so, he will start up again straight after the baby's born.

AuntieMonica Wed 17-Aug-11 14:56:24

arf at Reality having to ask her DH to deal with this grin

why do you say that, Imperial?

amIbeingdaft Wed 17-Aug-11 14:56:52

ImperialBlether Wed 17-Aug-11 14:54:46

I think your husband should deal with this.

Good lord, have I woken up in 1956? Why on earth can't she speak to the man herself?

squeakytoy Wed 17-Aug-11 14:57:16

Park your own car outside your house and leave your drive free.

oneofsuesylvesterscheerios Wed 17-Aug-11 14:58:36

I wouldn't mind being asked this at all if you were my neighbour. But I'm not some car-obsessed narky arsed bloke so I don't know what he'll say. From my own experience (we have a neighbour just like this and it drives Dh bonkers) is to stick to the request and not make any mention at all about his parking habits and how strange they are but just politely request that he can keep a space free or move one of his cars when the time comes. In reality you'll very likely have lots of time to ask him to create space when you go into labour.

However I think it's a leeeetle bit precious to ask him to keep the space free for 5 weeks - as the law stands he can park wherever he likes on the road as long as he's not obstructive, regardless of how much it gets on your norks!

Good luck with the birth.

Glackley Wed 17-Aug-11 14:58:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

gaaagh Wed 17-Aug-11 14:59:03

"Park your own car outside your house and leave your drive free."

That's what I was thinking.

You might be BABU here though. You don't own the street parking outside your house. Sorry - it's clearly fab if he agrees, though.

RealityVonCrapp Wed 17-Aug-11 14:59:25

AuntieMonica Wed 17-Aug-11 15:00:33

squeaky has the right idea, park your own car there, there is no legal issue at all, and if it's your car outside your own house, surely he can't be BU to ask you to move that?

RealityVonCrapp Wed 17-Aug-11 15:02:24

JanMorrow Wed 17-Aug-11 15:03:04

Yeah I'd park your car there and LEAVE it there! Break his habit.

RealityVonCrapp Wed 17-Aug-11 15:03:22

RealityVonCrapp Wed 17-Aug-11 15:04:23

YouDoTheMath Wed 17-Aug-11 15:05:59

He's got a two-car drive, he should use it.

rainbowinthesky Wed 17-Aug-11 15:08:19

lol at asking one's husband to do it. grin

RealityVonCrapp Wed 17-Aug-11 15:09:43

TheFeministsWife Wed 17-Aug-11 15:11:27

I'd ask him if you can park your car on his 2 car driveway, seen as he always parks outside your house. grin

Blu Wed 17-Aug-11 15:11:51

Just explain that you will need a place for the mw to park and ask him to leave the space clear. There may well be several hours between realising you are in labour and the mw needing to arrive, anyway. Is there no other street parking close to your house, or is it just this one space? Because as soon as you go into labour your DH could move your car to somewhere else on the street so that your mw can use the drive.

RealityVonCrapp Wed 17-Aug-11 15:13:20

grovel Wed 17-Aug-11 15:13:43

I'd send my DH round to talk to him. With a baseball bat in hand.

RealityVonCrapp Wed 17-Aug-11 15:14:17

grovel Wed 17-Aug-11 15:14:29

You could always ask your midwife to come by taxi.

JanMorrow Wed 17-Aug-11 15:14:56

I'd enjoy a bit of "parking wars", something to get the blood up!

Insomnia11 Wed 17-Aug-11 15:16:44

If I was in labour and he parked in front of our house I'd ask the midwife to park in his empty drive. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now