Talk

Advanced search

Twats who say "end of"

(34 Posts)
PerryCombover Wed 17-Aug-11 11:03:59

Am I being unreasonable to want to make a pizza hut buffet out of twats who make a fairly feeble point, finish their sentence and then type. End of.

I'm not. End of.

akaemmafrost Wed 17-Aug-11 11:07:45

I use it to annoy ex when he is pissing me off, it annoys him so much I get great joy out of it. As in "no I am going to explain to kids why you have let them down once again, End Of".

So unless it is me using it for that purpose no YANBU.

PerryCombover Wed 17-Aug-11 11:11:11

oh I hadn't thought of that use

I grant special dispensation to use it to piss off annoying exs but in all other circumstances it's tripe isn't it?

alistron1 Wed 17-Aug-11 11:12:06

YANBU.

End of.

PerryCombover Wed 17-Aug-11 11:13:19

<grin> end of

AlfalfaMum Wed 17-Aug-11 11:13:42

Lol at special dispensation grin

YANBU

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 17-Aug-11 11:14:39

alistron beat me to it! grin End of.

Verahaspurpletwuntypants Wed 17-Aug-11 11:15:17

I use it to end annoying arguments discussions topics of conversation with DC.

Eg
I want chocolate
You can't have chocolate, we have got any
I want you to buy me some chocolate
I am not buying you chocolate
I want chocolate etc etc etc
You are not having any, end of.

As in end of conversation.

Birdsgottafly Wed 17-Aug-11 11:15:23

YANBU-it should only be answered with, "then i have the right to sew your mouth shut and break your fingers, then, (so you can no-longer communicate), end of".

It is usually used by posters who have no or little knowledge of the subject matter. They won't read or think about what others are saying and refuse to get into discussions.

I have seen it on the anti-racist threads the most, such as, the term goliwog isn't offensive; end of.

Whatmeworry Wed 17-Aug-11 11:15:23

I use it to annoy MN loons.

End Of grin

HardCheese Wed 17-Aug-11 11:20:37

YANBU. It's nearly always used by people making a monumentally stupid and completely unfounded generalisation, and then they bellow 'End of!', like they think it's some magic dispensation to stop anyone arguing back.

Plato it's not. In fact it operates at about the same intellectual level as an eight-year-old in a playground fight saying 'I'm rubber, you're glue, so whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to YOU! Ha-ha!'

scurryfunge Wed 17-Aug-11 11:22:23

I see it as the equivalent of shouting "yellow mini, no return!".

Birdsgottafly Wed 17-Aug-11 11:25:35

I think that many who post using such terms don't understand what a discussion forum is or that is should be used to DISCUSS, not to just air their stupidity or plain nastiness.

PerryCombover Wed 17-Aug-11 11:59:46

I don't think that you should use End of at the end of that chocolate conversation Vera <did you see what I did there?>

You missed a very good opportunity to do pretend parenting that is only there for the benefits of other mothers.
You should have gotten down to child size and then said something patronising in a very loud voice

PerryCombover Wed 17-Aug-11 12:01:52

birdsgottafly loving your work there. End of

Cos I say it it isn't racist. End of <pulls on sheet, gallops off>

muminthemiddle Wed 17-Aug-11 12:07:00

scurryflurry my kids do that, most probably to annoy me. I tried it once (smugemotion) only to be told "It's not black,so have it back!" Kept my gob shut after that. End of.

Megatron Wed 17-Aug-11 12:07:35

YANBU. I hate it! As if the person using it really thinks that whoever they're talking to will immediately shut up just because they've said it. And it always reminds me of Saskia from Big Brother years ago which is not a good thing.

PerryCombover Wed 17-Aug-11 12:25:18

megatron were you so named because of a facebook campaign?

OpinionatedPlusSprogs Wed 17-Aug-11 12:32:40

I don't like it at the end of an opinion as it is disrespectful to others with differing ones. I use it on my kids though as I consider it better parenting than yelling "shut the fuck up".

Katiepoes Wed 17-Aug-11 12:38:32

YANBU. Simple as.

ShoutyHamster Wed 17-Aug-11 12:39:37

It's the pompous, almost Jeremy Clarkson-esque air of knuckleheaded assurance about it. Yes you're right, there is no further discussion to be had - not because you're right, but because you are so clearly a complacent wanky gobshite who has no idea what the word 'discourse' means.

I predict this thread will run and run - Beginning Of.

PerryCombover Wed 17-Aug-11 12:45:30

oo that reminds me

Simples

Aggghhhhh

sheepgomeep Wed 17-Aug-11 16:59:29

I'm guilty as charged of this particular sin. Only to dc though especially ds who goes on and on and on so a 'no you are not staying out till 10 pm just cause your mates are' end of. stops him dead

Maryz Wed 17-Aug-11 17:19:18

YANBU

<<gavel>>

mrsdonkeybucket Wed 17-Aug-11 17:22:22

YANBU

The other one that makes me shiver is Jog On.

Oh my goodness. angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now