Talk

Advanced search

Looking for cheap accommodation in stockport area?

(7 Posts)
welshbyrd Wed 17-Aug-11 10:21:20

My aunt is terminally ill, she a very young, non smoking, non drinking lovely lady
She is full time guardian to her 4 yo grandson
Anyway, she has been dx terminally ill for about a year, she has had a few different types of chemo to prolong her life, each one has made her VERY VERY poorly, so 5 weeks ago, she decides to stop all chemo, to improve her quality of life.
My mum and dad have gone up to visit her for a week, and are bringing her back down to our hometown today. 2nd day into my mums visit, my aunt become very ill, and has taken a good few days to recover, suggesting its the illness and not the chemo thats making her ill.
All our family is here, like 300 miles away, we have a massive family, and had hope to go and see her this August, however, we struggled to find anywhere to accommodate us, at a reasonable price. Knowing how ill she is now, I really think this will be her last visit down here [she was giving months without chemo, about 12 months with, back on April], so we will have to travel up there now
Does anyone live locally, know of any good size accommodation in this area.There are 21 of us, even if it means have 2-3 place close to each other etc
Thanks

Doodlez Wed 17-Aug-11 10:42:18

Don't know any where just off the top of my head but will start looking for you. Where abouts in Stockport is she?

joric Wed 17-Aug-11 10:43:11

When do you need to go? 21 of you for how long? For en-mass accommodation try YHA- not grotty in most areas now. But 21 people in a visit? Is this ok with your Aunt?

joric Wed 17-Aug-11 10:47:25

There is YHA in Manchester 10 min shuttle train to Stockport

welshbyrd Wed 17-Aug-11 11:01:34

She is in Brinnington

Joric, not just visits, but when the time comes sedation etc, her passing, funeral.

kittensliveupstairs Wed 17-Aug-11 11:02:20

Avoid the Britannia hotel. That's my best piece of advice. It is truly grim.

joric Wed 17-Aug-11 11:17:25

I understand, it's an awful situation.
Premier inn, travel lodge are your best bet if there are a number if you- loads of them in and around the area.
And YHA as suggested before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now