Talk

Advanced search

To play Dexy's Midnight Runners at full volume a 7am.

(19 Posts)
rubyrubyruby Wed 17-Aug-11 09:50:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Wed 17-Aug-11 09:51:01

Yes.

Play Cliff Richard instead.

feetheart Wed 17-Aug-11 09:51:20

Compulsory I would say <stores info for use at later date> smile

woollyideas Wed 17-Aug-11 09:52:09

I find Placido Domingo always sends the kids running...

choclatelickurs Wed 17-Aug-11 09:52:36

oh come on eileen

ProcrastinatorGeneral Wed 17-Aug-11 11:29:37

Go for it!

Friend of mine once played ska at a good loud volume on her husband's gig speakers (musician blokie) because the neighbours had had a very anti-social house party going on until the early hours. She pushed the speakers right against the dividing wall between hallways, then hit play at seven.

It worked apparently. There were no more house parties grin

knobbysEx Wed 17-Aug-11 11:33:24

My Dad used to play Zorba's Dance full whack, with a speaker moved to my bedroom doorway to get me out of bed as a teenager. It worked.

I moved all my speakers to the party wall at 7am and played Zorba's Dance and Scissor Sisters Take Your Mama Out on repeat after my neighbours had a ridiculously late and loud party on a work night (they don't work)

purplepidjin Wed 17-Aug-11 11:36:15

Carmina Burana track 1.

the old old spice advert

At a volume that can be heard over the hoover grin

DogsBestFriend Wed 17-Aug-11 11:44:33

O Fortuna is one of my favourite pieces of music, purple. Uplifting, empowering, so alive.

But there's nothing wrong with a bit of Dexy's! grin

ProcrastinatorGeneral Wed 17-Aug-11 11:45:51

Carmina Burana, cracking choice!

Maybe a bit of Wagner too? Loud shouty Vikings always make a morning go with a swing apparentlygrin

DogsBestFriend Wed 17-Aug-11 11:48:45

Hmmm... Wagner... I feel a Morse moment coming on, PG. grin

Or perhaps go downmarket with a bit of Motorhead?

worraliberty Wed 17-Aug-11 11:52:45

My Husband went to a party and they played 'The Twist' so he did The Twist. They played the 'Cha Cha Slide' so he did the Cha Cha Slide.

When they played 'Come on Eilleen' the bouncers threw him out and he got arrested! shock

grin

ProcrastinatorGeneral Wed 17-Aug-11 12:21:17

DBF Maybe a little Swedish Death Metal? grin

My personal choice would be a bit of NIN, but who needs an excuse for their favourite loud shout music eh?

maras2 Wed 17-Aug-11 12:40:59

Yey! COME ON MARAS.Gets the ironing done in half the time.Kevin Rolland (I would)

miranda66 Wed 17-Aug-11 13:30:09

Funnily enough, it's Kevin's birthday today! FIFTY EIGHT candles required...where does the time go!

purplepidjin Wed 17-Aug-11 13:33:08

Despite having played in it so many times I still put the cd on! Tchaik 5 makes me sick these days

Jupiter or, better, Mars from holsts planets - nice bit of random 5/4 to cheer you up

ProcrastinatorGeneral Wed 17-Aug-11 20:15:56

Ooh, bit of the planet suite is always acceptable. Though not to my daughter, as she gets hacked off that they're in the wrong ordergrin

purplepidjin Wed 17-Aug-11 20:42:57

Put them on your ipod and hit shuffle hmm

cat64 Wed 17-Aug-11 21:04:32

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now