Talk

Advanced search

To expect thanks

(3 Posts)
scaryfairy28 Tue 16-Aug-11 14:58:58

DP work VERY long hours split shift type set up. I'm on maternity leave and so currently doing everything round the house I'm also the main earner and pay for nearly everything. I get no thanks for anything I do and while I know DP doesn't have time to help I'd like the odd bit of thanks but DP has just told me IBU as I'm home all day, so should just get on with it and if I want thanking not to bother. Maybe iabu have borderline PND so can be a bit unreasonable and hormonal I think.

pineapple70 Tue 16-Aug-11 15:08:06

It's such a difficult time isn't it. Am in a similar situation. Everything feels more raw and upsetting. He'll probably be tired and going through all sorts of emotions too. That said he is def being unreasonable. Whether or not he generally remembers to thank you, he should be appreciative.
You need to be easier on yourself. Don't overdo it and when you get a chance, sit him down and tell him you need support. It does sound like you could do with more than just thanks.

scaryfairy28 Tue 16-Aug-11 15:20:33

I am lucky I have a very good baby who sleeps 8 - 8 most nights and is a dream all day, so really have no right to moan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now