Talk

Advanced search

Clarks school shoes

(13 Posts)
iambach Tue 16-Aug-11 13:11:15

My 4 year old has just come home after her first moring at school. She wore her new clarks school shoes which she was fitted for 8 days ago. She changed into slippers for inside and so has had the shoes on for less than an hour in total and her left foot has a huge blister on its side. I am outraged. These were almost 40 quid. I dont expect 40 shoes to blistr my childs feet.

I was reluctant to go to clarks as i normally have their feet measured and find decent shoes (like primigi or buckle my shoe) at discount price but thought as its her first school shoe we'd go to Clasrks with Granny and she'd pick a pair.

Taking them back as soon as i finish lunch. AIBU i am fuming.

Good for you. Once you take a bit of the Clarks apple, you're majorly fucked.

As will be your bank account.

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Tue 16-Aug-11 13:14:25

Do your new shoes never rub til you break them in? I know mine do. My doc martens crippled me for a good week back in the day.

messymammy Tue 16-Aug-11 13:14:30

YANBU.
But never go back, go to an independent shoe shop and get the school shoes in tkmaxx like I did for €23

worraliberty Tue 16-Aug-11 13:18:47

Do Clarks claim their shoes will never cause blisters?

I've never used them but I would have thought that would be an outrageous claim if they do.

The shoes are fitted...not tailor made so surely some blistering is to be expected?

iambach Tue 16-Aug-11 13:22:43

messymammy- that is where i usually go, Clarks was a starting school treat!! 'Here darling let me treat you to some blisters!!'

fuckityfff... my husband did think that 'new shoes= breaking in' but i think given these shoes have been 'proffesionally fitted' they should fit. Not have bits where the stitching rubs the skin off my childs foot. I don't think blisters are normal.

lostmy... hoping they are helpful on my return. After today i wont be returning.

Seona1973 Tue 16-Aug-11 13:25:42

Clarks shoes have never blistered either of my lo's feet. I'd get the fit rechecked as you may have been sold a pair that was incorrectly fitted.

herbietea Tue 16-Aug-11 13:30:07

Message withdrawn

DorisIsAPinkDragon Tue 16-Aug-11 13:34:20

Clarks 'fitting' is a pile of crap went to clarks last week with dd2 (also just starting school!). I was really unhappy with what she had fitted (I felt it was too tight with very little room for growth). Ended up leaving and going to an independent lady 40 mins away (very little choice here).

She measured her feet and said what that would be in clarks (7G) whereas clarks had measured her as 7F . I wouldn't have a massive problem with that but it was the attitude of the girl -'if that's what she was measured as, then that's what she is', rather than using a bit of common sense!).

Mind you we no longer buy clarks for dd1 as she is hard on her shoes and they are just not up to the job dd1 is currently wearing a pair of Buckle my shoes (very good) and dd2 was just fitted with pediped both for about the same price as a pair of clarks and from what I can see MUCH MUCH MUCH better quality,

<rant over and breathe>

itisnearlysummer Tue 16-Aug-11 14:18:37

fuckity ah yes, crippling DM's. That was part of the deal though wasn't it?!

I do get my children's shoes from Clarks and haven't ever had a problem with the shoes themselves, although I don't know why they need to know what size they were before telling me what size they are.

myBOYSareBONKERS Tue 16-Aug-11 16:08:01

Sure it wasn't the slippers that caused the blister?

mycatoscar Tue 16-Aug-11 16:21:18

YANBU to take the shoes back. I have done it myself if i havent been happy

Our local clarks are pretty good at measuring but then seeing how the shoes actually fit rather than just relying on their measurements, and all dd's clarks have lasted until she outgrew them.

Andrewofgg Tue 16-Aug-11 17:39:19

Curiously, Clarks are the only chain where I find shoes which fit my (adult) feet without breaking in and blisters!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now