Talk

Advanced search

School parties in 30s

(9 Posts)
netherlee Tue 16-Aug-11 12:39:57

I have the opportunity to go to one of those school themed nights where adults relive their schooldays. Wondering how reasonable or not it is, I wonder first how old is too old, I would be an implausibly old schoolgirl but that may be funny in itself. Also the morals of wearing a 'school uniform' as an adult is one of itself. One person said it should be obviously different to real uniforms as a traditional tidy uniform just wouldnt look right in that context, even if I could squeeze into a large size of my previous schools poloshirt etc.

DC think it quite funny to see mummy as a 'schoolgirl' but Im not so sure. Has anyone experienced this?

PonceyMcPonce Tue 16-Aug-11 12:41:01

If you want to go (? Id avoid!) then cap and gown as teacher, bean stylee

PonceyMcPonce Tue 16-Aug-11 12:41:15

Doh, beano

LynetteScavo Tue 16-Aug-11 12:43:22

Personally, I can't think of anything worse. confused

netherlee Wed 17-Aug-11 20:06:03

Hmmm I thought so too. Teacher look sounds good though, now wheres my cap and gown......

Though I do know a guy not much younger who went to one of those in a primary uniform, when you thought it couldnt get worse.

joric Wed 17-Aug-11 20:08:15

Yes go as a teacher... Hat and gown... No to 30+ year old school girl sad

netherlee Wed 17-Aug-11 20:15:43

Wonder how many wear a pleated skirt in their 30s for any occassion anyway.

LineRunner Wed 17-Aug-11 20:17:55

Oh God no, not the [un]sexy school girl look.

Go as the janitor.

DoMeDon Wed 17-Aug-11 20:20:59

Another <yawn> schoolgirl sexy dress up thread!?!?

Anyhoo - sad, sad, sad. Schoolgirls aren't sexy, the uniform is not sexy, men who lust after schoolgirls are pervs, women who play up to it sad/desperate/attention seeky - pick one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now