Talk

Advanced search

To ask you guys for your picnic ideas...

(10 Posts)
simplicity2000 Mon 15-Aug-11 21:51:39

Meeting the new mans dc for the 1st time at the weekend and want to make a good impression - what else other than sausage rolls and wotsits do you normally pack!?!? grin

chocsway Mon 15-Aug-11 21:55:31

houmous
bread sticks
carrot batons
cheese
I freeze those fromage frais pouches then use them to keep food fresh and they are then really cold when eaten

I find the most successful picnics are when I take a stack of wraps, a box of chicken breast bits(can be flavoured or plain) some grated cheese and condiments and everyone just tucks in....we're all normally stuffed after 2!

justpaddling Mon 15-Aug-11 21:56:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

acsec Mon 15-Aug-11 21:58:27

Scotch eggs
quiche
pinwheel sandwiches pinwheels
cocktail sausages
carrot and cucumber batons
houmous
some nice cookies!

duckdodgers Mon 15-Aug-11 21:58:43

chicken satays, hard boiled eggs, crackers, cheese, pate, meat, salad, sweetcorn, coleslaw, chicken pakora, pork pies, yogurts, tuna pasta

Oh I love picnics!

marriedinwhite Mon 15-Aug-11 22:02:11

Sanwiches cut into fingers rather than quarters - must have the crusts cut off - with that 1/2 white/1/2 brown sliced stuff. Cream cheese and ham, tuna with a little mayo and lemon juice and cucumber, egg mayo and cress - really dainty and soft and delicate. They seem to disappear at great speed at picnics, fetes, church lunches, etc. - oh and of course smoked salmon with a little squeeze of lemon but that must be on brown bread. Meringues and strawberries without the cream.

zipzap Mon 15-Aug-11 22:07:27

Tortilla
Tiny plum tomatoes - lovely and sweet
Brownies
Plenty of different thingsto pick at

spudulika Mon 15-Aug-11 22:10:58

Home made scotch eggs always feature at our picnics.

As do large bags of posh crisps, big hunks of manchego cheese, french bread, good tomatoes, and parma ham.

And cake.

And a big flask of tea.

chocsway Mon 15-Aug-11 22:13:33

nice ham.. PMSL

LolaRennt Mon 15-Aug-11 22:18:07

Poncey mumsnet picnics.... grin

sandwiches, potato salad, drinks, crisps,fruit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now