Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How many videos/photos/memory books/boxes do you have for your children?

(19 Posts)
tryingtobemarypoppins2 Mon 15-Aug-11 21:31:29

I have tons of photos but video......ummmm very little. I actually feel quite crap about that as one friend keeps a DAILY diary of her 2 children's development.

Sorry not really an AIBU....but how much do you record/keep/treasure etc??

EuphemiaMcGonagall Mon 15-Aug-11 21:35:16

No videos, lots of photos. I believe in relishing the moment rather than seeing it through a viewfinder.

The day DD started school, parents were videoing the experience, in the classroom, FFS.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Mon 15-Aug-11 21:36:48

Oh and a DAILY diary???? Is she raising her kids to be so feckless that all they do is sit about watching film of themselves?

StrandedBear Mon 15-Aug-11 21:37:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Maryz Mon 15-Aug-11 21:43:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CMOTdibbler Mon 15-Aug-11 21:45:16

Lots of photos, nothing else.

Paschaelina Mon 15-Aug-11 21:46:59

I've got his hospital band, and first gro, and some pics. Umm...

Nope, thats it.

CurlyBoy Mon 15-Aug-11 22:05:14

We have quite a lot of stuff but our little boy is adopted so it's very important. There's a ton of life story work that we're getting from the social workers about his birth family. We have photos and mementos from his foster carers who had him from birth. We also have the contact diaries between birth mum and the foster carers. We're saving special toys that came from his birth family. He's been with us for about 4 1/2 months and I've taken well over 500 photos! It's really important that we have all these things for when he gets older and we need to explain how and why he came to us.

LuceyLasstic Mon 15-Aug-11 22:07:41

erm none

our memories are in photo albums

chirpchirp Mon 15-Aug-11 22:14:12

One of my hobbies is photography so unsurprisingly I have thousands of photos of DS, of these I have made up two albums and one photobook. One box with all of the congratulation cards, first babygrow and hospital bands etc. DH got a little flip video recorder when the wee man was born so do have a few videos but we usually just grab it when DS starts doing something funny rather than constantly filming him.

KAZAMM Mon 15-Aug-11 22:23:23

we have a few things such as first babygro, shoes, hospital band etc. I haven't kept masses of stuff, just little momentos. Got lots of photo's and quite a few video's all on my phone.

I'm a hoarder though. I've got stuff like football match tickets from my first game I went to see with DP and gigs we went to.

Also, I have all my dad's medals from running and cut outs that he had kept from when he was mentioned in newspapers. He passed away 8 years ago so that stuff as well as my own memories is precious.

pissedrightoff Mon 15-Aug-11 22:43:03

I have a memory box and a baby journal for each of them.
Tonnes of photos, all on computer none actually printed off.
I have one of those 'My life story' 100 year diaries for each of them,which I will fill in for them until they are old enough to want to do it themselves.

Firawla Mon 15-Aug-11 22:47:06

loads and loads of photos, a few videos, not much baby books

pengymum Mon 15-Aug-11 22:54:08

phew! that's impressive!
How do you find the time (and energy!) to do all that? I rarely get time to look through the few photo albums I have!
I take my hat off to you all!

Faithless12 Tue 16-Aug-11 05:05:04

Roughly 200 pics, 2 videos for my month old DS. Esh that sounds excessive on the photo front.

firesoup Tue 16-Aug-11 07:01:15

I have thousands of photos of my son, not too much video but i am getting better. I have 2 photo books so far, each documenting a single year with text about what he was like at that time and things he likes, they are some of my most treasured possesions. also have a memory box form when he was a baby with hospital stuff, first clothes, newspaper from when he was born, cards etc.

WiiUnfit Tue 16-Aug-11 08:06:24

We have loads of photos, hospital bands, the champagne cork from his little 'Welcome Baby' party PILs threw .etc

Faithless, we have the same amount more for 2 month old DS. He is pfb, can't you tell!? grin

itisnearlysummer Tue 16-Aug-11 10:23:51

Loads of photos in albums, hospital bands, congratulation cards, first lock of hair, first shoes, clothes they came home in (I think! blush)

That's it. I think I wish I had the time/inclination for 'scrapbooking'.

I know someone who keeps every last mortal thing including birthday party invitations her children have received!

Photos aside, I can't imagine my children ever being interested in looking at it!

Mowlem Tue 16-Aug-11 21:36:08

Wow! A daily diary sounds impressive.

I have a large plastic box on top of my wardrobe. Whenever my DDs do something that's good. I just shove it in the box. When the box is full, we sort through it from time and to time and it either gets put in their memory boxes in the attic, or thrown.

The sorts of things I keep are:

Birthday cards, the odd (particularly good) picture, any newspaper clippings about them, postcards from holidays, anything else that it is important. We do have nice albums to keep certificates in and they also have simple ring files, filled with plastic dockets so any other pictures / stuff they want to keep, they can put in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now