Talk

Advanced search

To think I should also improve my career prospects

(2 Posts)
smoggii Mon 15-Aug-11 20:23:47

I think I might be being a bit unreasonable here but I'm honestly not sure.

I started some OU courses a few years back and have passed 2 courses (2 sixth's of a degree, I know that's one third but it's not a Maths degree!). My baby is 7 mths old and I am about to return to work. Money is tight at the moment but will be better when I go back.

I am in the process of setting up a voluntary organisation with some other lovely ladies which because it will have a fundraising arm will probably have to be set up as a company. We are all focused and enthusiastic but inexperienced. So I was thinking I might do some business courses.

I have looked at business courses on the OU and I can combine them with my previous ones to put towards a business degree.

AIBU to take on the studies which will be expensive when things are tight, whilst working full time, setting up a voluntary organisation and being a new mum. On the plus side, because of my previous studies I could have a degree within 4 years which long term could improve my prospects and I wonder if it's better to do it now while DD is still young.

I could just do a crash business course to help setting up the voluntary organisation (the short term goal) and will take about 9 mths but it will not lead to a qualification therefore I worry that this is shortsighted.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 15-Aug-11 20:40:31

Nah do the OU course, you may as well. It'll serve you well in future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now