Talk

Advanced search

To Ask You For A Favour...

(17 Posts)
DontCallMeFrothyDragon Mon 15-Aug-11 20:19:34

... this favour being you guys typing up my 2,500 word essay on PostModernism in film...

OK, IABU...

Anyone wanna give me a kick up the backside instead? blush

itisnearlysummer Mon 15-Aug-11 20:22:56

You'll have to do the references yourself!

FriggFRIGG Mon 15-Aug-11 20:22:59

yeah,sure i'll do it......no,no actually,i wont.

but here's a kick aimed directly at your backside....

<narrows eyes>

<aims>

<Boooohhf>

there you go HTHgrin

gapants Mon 15-Aug-11 20:24:34

have you written it and you just need to type it? Get the coffee on, some great tunes and get one with it!

If you are still to write it then these are my for real top tips-

Do your bibliography 1st, no last
Do your foot notes as you go along, not last

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Mon 15-Aug-11 20:27:34

Gapants, just got to find a couple more sources, then ready for the final draft. I always do the footnotes as I go along grin Had to stop using Harvard Referencing as I kept forgetting to print the bibliogrpahy, despite referencing perfectly all the way through...

InstantAtom Mon 15-Aug-11 20:27:43

If you can get 2500 replies we could do a word each! grin

timidviper Mon 15-Aug-11 20:29:29

I HATE HATE HATE Harvard referencing!!!

<Sorry. Couldn't quite hold that in!>

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Mon 15-Aug-11 20:29:50

Sorted... Off we go peeps! grin Meh, this is a chocolate job

gapants Mon 15-Aug-11 20:30:36

If you can please use the term "...blah blah (theory or person) constitutes a rather limited economy when analysing blah blah blah (theroy)"

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Mon 15-Aug-11 20:30:48

timidviper, me too. I'm just sooo used to it...

InstantAtom Mon 15-Aug-11 20:39:05

Chocolate, yes smile

Jsut dno't go fro teh wine jstu yte...

lenak Mon 15-Aug-11 20:39:45

oooohh - I did film studies - fairly sure at some point I had to write a postmodernism - I think we had to critique Goddards A bout de souffle as a starting point. I also remember looking at Wim Wenders Wings of Desire, Blade Runner and Brazil.

What films are you looking at?

DogsBestFriend Mon 15-Aug-11 20:42:57

Oh god, yes, bibliography first, doing it last is a pain in the arse, just as you think you've finished you have that to deal with. Gah!

Right - Coffee, not wine.

Yet. grin

And a treat planned when you've done it.

Go on, get it over with. Good luck with it all. smile

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Mon 15-Aug-11 20:46:15

Ooh, Lenak! I'm doing Brazil, Eternal Sunshine, Being John Malkovich and Fight Club. We had a choice of one of 12 topics and any films we liked. I've only just got to grips with PostModernism really, but getting there... grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Mon 15-Aug-11 20:49:29

Brilliant idea Atom.

Here's my contribution: "the"
and as I'm feeling generous I'll throw "and" and "film" into the pot too.

As the above offerings can be used more than once, the OP now needs considerably less than 2497 words to complete her opus grin

lenak Mon 15-Aug-11 20:57:33

Good luck - I found it really hard to get to my head around - and can't remember masses of the theory now (combination of it being 10years plus and fairly severe baby brain at present) but a lot of my favourite films would be classed as postmodern.

Check out Lars Von Triers Dogville - that embodies postmodernism completely - as does pretty much anything by David Lynch and David Cronenberg.

I think I might have written about Videodrome - although I can't remember whether that was during the postmodernism or horror module.

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Mon 15-Aug-11 21:01:54

grin Izzy, you are MARVELOUS!

Thanks for the hints, lenak. I'll keep an eye out for them smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now