Talk

Advanced search

would you laught at your partner for wearing these

(19 Posts)
AuntiePickleBottom Mon 15-Aug-11 19:17:47

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2025807/Manx-underwear-sucks-beer-belly-Should-chap-wearing-male-Spanx.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

www.mydaily.co.uk/2011/08/15/asda-manx-control-pants/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk2%7C74140

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 15-Aug-11 19:18:08

laugh*

EuphemiaMcGonagall Mon 15-Aug-11 19:20:04

No, if he wanted to wear them. I find the headline "Manx: would you let your boyfriend wear these?" quite offensive too.

BBQFrenzy Mon 15-Aug-11 19:20:25

Only if he had a VPL. But then I'd advise him to steer clear of anything cut on the bias or made of clingy material.

BBQFrenzy Mon 15-Aug-11 19:24:08

Didn't Marlon Brando have a similar penchant for corsetry? I'm just not so sure this would have much effect on men's fat - on the whole (and I'm a bit of a chubby chaser when it comes to men so I have a lot bit of experience) men's fat is tougher and a whole lot less wobbly than women's fat - which while advantageous in terms of passing it off as 'muscle' does mean it will not be as malleable and capable of being shoe-horned into a gut girdle.

Agreed Euphemia

minipie Mon 15-Aug-11 19:32:08

Yes I would laugh.

But then I think he'd laugh if I wore Spanx.

Hopefully we are both happy enough with our flabby bits not to need these, and if we're not happy, we know where the gym is.

(Agree headline is offensive. I don't dictate my DH's underwear --though it may affect how attractive I find him--)

minipie Mon 15-Aug-11 19:32:27

darn, strikeout didn't work

Illegitimate Mon 15-Aug-11 19:36:32

Yes because my boyfriend laughs and calls my spanx my sausage costume

BabyDubsEverywhere Mon 15-Aug-11 19:49:06

Ive just shown my DH as i think it could give him the confidence to wear a couple of shirts/tops that he feels uncomfortable in at mo, we must have been together too long as never see each other in underwear anymore grin

Kladdkaka Mon 15-Aug-11 19:49:29

Wouldn't help my man and his comedy figure. He's tall and skinny apart from his cartoon football belly.

K999 Mon 15-Aug-11 19:53:32

Wouldn't laugh at him

Would leave him

TheMonster Mon 15-Aug-11 19:57:58

I wouldn't let him wear them.

minxofmancunia Mon 15-Aug-11 20:07:15

It's true though about the fat, isn't beer belly fat on a man pretty solid? Not like my squish squash post baby mum tum which nothing (and i have done everything bar surgery) seems to shift angry

Nagoo Mon 15-Aug-11 20:11:18

any excuse for this clip smile

mamalovebird Mon 15-Aug-11 20:12:22

I'd have absolutely no room to laugh, I wear Spanx on occasion to make my outfit sit better and in turn, make me feel more confident. If my DH laughed at me for that, I'd be really hurt.

To do the same back at him would be hypocritical and quite mean really. Life is struggle enough without your loved one making you feel sh1t.

dozyrosie Mon 15-Aug-11 23:02:34

Given that DP, with a "beer bump" as big as my bump (size 8 pre PG) has said the following to me in the past week.
"It's OK, your allowed to be fat your pregnant" and even better "If the baby is only the size of a Banana then why do you have such a big tummy?"
I am considering buying the pants and forcing him to wear them and nothing else in antenatal so everyone not just me can have the pleasure of pointing and laughing. [Grin]

dozyrosie Mon 15-Aug-11 23:03:57

grin
even

squeakytoy Mon 15-Aug-11 23:15:06

I would love to laugh at him in them... cos he takes the piss out of me often enough when I wear mine!!! grin

biddysmama Tue 16-Aug-11 08:29:05

i wore the knee-boob suck in suit under my wedding dress, in a very sexy nude colour...as you can imagine my new husband was very impressed as i took my dress off grin

he wasnt that bothered, managed to get me pregnant that night lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now