Talk

Advanced search

Am I being unreasonable

(15 Posts)
nanban Mon 15-Aug-11 09:17:08

I am a gransnetter and have come across to have a look - you all seem so aggressive and 'I want' compared to us over there.

As for prison for wearing looted goods - I think that all the people involved in anti-social/criminal behaviour such as the recent riots should be made to serve time putting right, clearing up and most of all facing and apologizing to the people they have hurt. What with hoodies - should be banned - and face masks, it is all too easily anonymous. If you do it, face up to it.

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Mon 15-Aug-11 09:30:24

YABU

HTH

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Mon 15-Aug-11 09:33:01

all?

As with any other place, you will find a range of people. Some aggressive, some not. I disagree that everyone on mumsnet is aggressive. I don't even think it's a majority.

I think that people tend to be honest and not sugar-coat things. I suppose to the sensitive, this could be taken as aggression.

I would also disagree that we are all 'I want'. Threads that I see, people with an 'I want' attitude are given some very blunt opinions.

Still, if you find it too aggressive and don't like the attitude, then I am really pleased that there is gransnet for you, where you feel happier and which you feel meets your needs.

Tee2072 Mon 15-Aug-11 09:33:04

YABU

akaemmafrost Mon 15-Aug-11 09:36:07

Hmm, perhaps stay on GN then? If you find us a bit much.

purplepidjin Mon 15-Aug-11 09:39:05

Yabu to make such broad, sweeping generalisations about large sections of society hmm

Not all grannies like knitting, not all teens in hooded tops are aggressive - a hooded sweater is a very sensible item of clothing when the only place you can meet your friends is outdoors!

Claw3 Mon 15-Aug-11 09:43:40

Are you being unreasonable about what, that you are a gransnetter? that we are all agressive and I want? or about the looted shorts?

onehellofaride Mon 15-Aug-11 09:43:56

were not aggressive we're passionate grin

TheRealTillyMinto Mon 15-Aug-11 09:46:31

i think lots of people on MN are agressive & when anyone says they dont like it, they get told to go away if you dont like it. Not sure why the agreesive people think they get to decide how the forum should be!

ledkr Mon 15-Aug-11 09:48:29

Op what is your point? You dont have to be on here especially as you are obviously enjoying being on gransnet.

Claw3 Mon 15-Aug-11 10:02:19

This is all very exciting, it reminds me of a dorm raid, opposing dorm runs over to ruffle a few feathers, im still undecided as to whether i want to be team GN or MN.

Im betting that after posting a aggressive OP, the OP will come back and say 'see told you are all aggressive' type post, the possibilities are endless!

ImperialBlether Mon 15-Aug-11 10:18:57

New job creation scheme: Hoodie Cutter Offers required.

Bulmers Mon 15-Aug-11 10:24:59

LOL! I feel like I've been told off my somebody else's mum. grin

purplepidjin Mon 15-Aug-11 10:49:24

Sorry, Mrs Patterson <contrite>

Oakmaiden Mon 15-Aug-11 10:54:08

The schools round here all have hoodies as part of the school uniform....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now