Talk

Advanced search

To ask what you think about this artical on political correctness?

(13 Posts)
Joogle Sun 14-Aug-11 14:59:29

this one

Anifrangapani Sun 14-Aug-11 15:03:27

I remember why I never want to live in Australia again.

tethersend Sun 14-Aug-11 15:04:59

It's political incorrectness gone mad, I tell you.

Thruaglassdarkly Sun 14-Aug-11 15:05:37

Why? What do you think Joogle? wink Or are you another journo canvassing the wisdom of MN?

Joogle Sun 14-Aug-11 15:06:59

Ha! No, someone I know posted it on their facebook profile and I wasn't sure what to make of it

Kladdkaka Sun 14-Aug-11 15:33:21

That article is written by the same right wing nutjob who said of the Iraq situation:

'The wisest course would have been for President Bush to use his nuclear weapons to slaughter Iraqis until they complied with his demands, or until they were all dead. Then there would be little risk or expense and no American army would be left exposed. But if he did this, his cowardly electorate would have instantly ended his term of office, if not his freedom or his life.'

And of Mexican immigrants in America:

'The very least that must be done to halt the Hispanic invasion is the mass enslavement, or execution, of the invaders, which must be followed by an American invasion of Mexico to enforce American language and values upon the Mexicans.'

Nice.[Hmm]

Currysecret Sun 14-Aug-11 15:40:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

heleninahandcart Sun 14-Aug-11 16:37:02

Do you really have to ask?

WhereYouLeftIt Sun 14-Aug-11 17:00:23

And there was me just thinking I was being polite to not use "niggers, coons, dagos, wogs, poofs, spastics and sheilas" in my everyday interactions with the world. NO, I am exercising TYRANNY grin against white male oxygen thief heterosexuals.

<smacks own wrist>

pigletmania Sun 14-Aug-11 17:10:18

Before I read the article I thought it would be about things like councils not allowing Christmas lights up, or certain made up PC words that had to be used, incase in case the old terms would cause offence e.g thought showers to replace brainstorming yswim

I read the article and I nearly fell over, its not about being PC, its about about respect, decency and treating others how you would want to be treated. The author of the article sounds like an unpleasant person.

ProfessionallyOffendedGoblin Sun 14-Aug-11 17:43:41

He has to pay for his own work to be published, and appears to live off his wife. If the internet didn't exist, he'd be some displaced immigrant loon from Newcastle writing on his ramblings on the back of scrap paper, or monologuing down the pub.

WhereYouLeftIt Sun 14-Aug-11 17:48:47

ProfessionallyOffendedGoblin grin

(love the name, BTW)

marriedinwhite Sun 14-Aug-11 18:17:32

Old article and it seems to be a translation. Looked incredible tedious and I couldn't be bothered to read it properly. Can't stand political correctness - just need to think about people's feelings and be courteous (although my grandad did that and taught me to say coloured people blush). But that was in the 1960s.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: