Talk

Advanced search

To think slippers should bloody well fit!!!

(13 Posts)
ChunkyMonkeyMother Sun 14-Aug-11 11:45:46

I have to date bought 8 pairs of them for my son (2) - Only one pair has ever fit properly! I am so sick of them not fitting his foot, he doesn't have massively wide or fat feet - He is now a size 6.5 to 7 - Can anyone reccomend a good pair?

Am I destined to pay £15 for a pair of clarks doodles?

Help ...

Mandy2003 Sun 14-Aug-11 12:05:09

I have religiously bought dressing gowns and slippers for my DS whenever the "old" ones are outgrown. But does he ever wear either - NO!

I normally get Shoe Zone slippers but they do come up a bit small so need one size bigger.

ChunkyMonkeyMother Sun 14-Aug-11 12:15:35

My DS has never really worn them but we've just had laminate put down and he doesn't like to take his socks off (strange child!) so I want something to stop him from falling over (which he has already done once) - I'll try Shoe Zone - Thanks!

Sirzy Sun 14-Aug-11 12:20:35

I got ds some cars ones from asda for about £6. I tried them on him in the shop and went for the 5 rather than 4 as the 4 was a bit tight but the 5 fits well with growing room to see him through winter

Bloodymary Sun 14-Aug-11 12:26:02

My little one now wears 'crocs' instead of slippers. She just prefers them, no idea why.

sloggies Sun 14-Aug-11 12:47:17

Slipper socks? Those with the rubber tread on the feet?

SoupDragon Sun 14-Aug-11 12:50:21

How about trying them on before you buy them?

Lizcat Sun 14-Aug-11 13:57:15

Crocos mammoth the only slippers ever to fit DD properly.

squeakytoy Sun 14-Aug-11 14:07:16

He will learn not to run on slippy floors if you dont get him any slippers.. it will be a learning curve grin .. and then he will learn how to slide on slippy floors and he will be ready for any wedding reception you go to! grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sun 14-Aug-11 15:53:50

grin squeaky

It'll be an entirely different learning curve for the OP if her ds slips on slidey floor, suffers multiple bruising or a greenstick fracture, and she has cause to take him to A&E or nursery where an overzealous staff member suspects non-accidental injury shock

Do whatever it takes to slow him down Chunky, at least until he can tell any enquirer after his bruises what happened.

ChunkyMonkeyMother Sun 14-Aug-11 16:40:16

Don't worry ladies - He already has a MASSIVE blue egg on his forehead :-( From 2 days of flooring - I nearly fainted, I actually could not believe just how fast it came up - big and blue and pusling, it took all I had not to be sick on him!

Figure he'll need them when it gets a bit colder anyway!

Ordered a rug as well, hoping that will stop him from building up too much speed ha ha

I have also tried asda - bought the right size, tried them on in the shop - after a week they got too lose, like the elastic had gone?

WhenDoISleep Sun 14-Aug-11 17:26:36

JoJo Maman Bebe do a combo slipper sock - the top part is a sock with a rubber sole.

ChunkyMonkeyMother Sun 14-Aug-11 19:27:40

Will have a look for some slipper socks - Great idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now