Talk

Advanced search

is thinking about going to hospital over this?

(14 Posts)
extremepie Sun 14-Aug-11 10:02:06

Ok, I went out last night and some drunken girl trod on my foot with her stilettos (don't laugh!).

Not a massive deal and has happened before but this time, unfortunately, said girl managed to punch a stiletto shaped hole right into my foot and I'm now in so much pain I can hardly walk!

It seems silly to go to hospital and get it checked out because there's probably nothing seriously wrong with it but it hurts so bloody much, more than I would have expected it to hurt and I'm wondering if it's worth going and spending hours sitting in A&E!

I'm also bearing in mind that I spend three days walking around with a cracked pelvis because I also thought it wasn't that serious!

What should I do? Take painkillers and wait to heal up or head to the hospital just in case?

FabbyChic Sun 14-Aug-11 10:03:14

Go to hospital, you probably have broken bones in your foot.

nannyl Sun 14-Aug-11 10:04:35

Go to hospital

ouch sad

and even if not broken it could be infected (or both) go asap

mousymouse Sun 14-Aug-11 10:04:46

just go. if the skin is cut a tetanus jab might be a good idea...

meditrina Sun 14-Aug-11 10:09:57

If you are worried, then go. There might be more wrong (like a broken bone), you might get useful advice on penetrating wound care, and prescription strength painkillers.

PrettyCandles Sun 14-Aug-11 10:14:38

Just think what that girl could have been walking through and picked up on her heel before she plunged it into you...broken glass, dogshit, and no doubt other stuff you wouldn't want inside your foot.

Go to A&E, now!

(And if you are a SAHM with kids off school it will be much harder to go to A&E tomorrow.)

youarekidding Sun 14-Aug-11 10:28:50

GO!! Agree with dirt and infection thing but also there are lots of tiny bones on the top of your foot. I should know I got some broken by someone standing on my foot in flats not even stilettos!! Good thing is no cast for top bones just lots of ultra strength painkillers.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

EdithWeston Sun 14-Aug-11 11:03:22

Decided yet?

If it is a deep wound, it would benefit from proper cleaning (as well as any dirt on the stiletto, there might be fragments of eg your own tights buried in it).

Even if you decide not to go in now, you need to be alert for signs of infection (hot, red, swelling), and if it starts to track upwards go STRAIGHT to a doctor as you will need ABs.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sun 14-Aug-11 11:11:12

you need to get checked...as people said you could have broken bones, there is an infection risk, she could have damaged tendons in your foot....

giraffesCantZumba Sun 14-Aug-11 11:14:42

yeah go now when quieter.

extremepie Sun 14-Aug-11 18:20:10

Well, I took your advice and fortunately my foot is not broken just badly bruised :D

Woop!

extremepie Sun 14-Aug-11 18:20:26

Still hurts though!

Salmotrutta Sun 14-Aug-11 18:30:37

And this is why stilettos should be classified as dangerous weapons <ouch>

Someone did this to me on a dance-floor once - it hurt like billy-o and I almost slapped the drunken idiot silly girl. I didn't bother going to the Doc but my foot hurt for months afterwards (and sporadically after that).
A person in stilettos is exerting a heck of a lot of pressure! shock

wideawakenurse Sun 14-Aug-11 18:33:41

Yes go, and I say that as a nurse. You have lots of tiny bones in your feet. Even if it is just bruising you will get some pain relief.

Hope you are on the mend soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now