Talk

Advanced search

To think that dressing up as a 'sexy school girl' is...

(53 Posts)
Limejelly Sat 13-Aug-11 13:34:58

... A bit creepy and weird?

Have just received an invite to a friends hen night in a few weeks time. The dress code is Sexy School Girls and I am cringing already. I don't mind dressing up, but why school girls??

I hate drawing attention to myself at the best of times but walking around London dressed like a total twat is filling me with dread.

So what do you think? AIBU to suggest something simple like all wearing the same colour?

Birdsgottafly Sat 13-Aug-11 13:38:43

Or sexy nuns, at lest they are adults.

Birdsgottafly Sat 13-Aug-11 13:39:32

least, rather.

peppapighastakenovermylife Sat 13-Aug-11 13:40:17

I have a thread over on feminism about this...although mine was french maids...legal at least hmm

iklboo Sat 13-Aug-11 13:40:53

Or medallion men (vests under men's shirts, medallions, wigs & fake moustaches, temporary tattoos etc).

mistressploppy Sat 13-Aug-11 13:41:33

Gah, I feel your pain. But I don't think you can really suggest changing the theme without risking pissing off the chief bridesmaid or the hen.

Just keep YOUR outfit as low-key as possible perhaps?

worldgonecrazy Sat 13-Aug-11 13:41:37

sexy schoolgirl - it's one of those dressing up outfits that makes me a bit hmmmmm? Why does dressing up as an UNDERAGE girl become sexy? Given the kneejerk paedo-on-every-corner mentality of many people, it's not really helpful is it?

Adversecamber Sat 13-Aug-11 13:44:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadamDeathstare Sat 13-Aug-11 13:46:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Limejelly Sat 13-Aug-11 13:52:31

Yes me too Adversecamber and I always secretly judge them blush

Darn it! I feel worse now. I was hoping it was only me who thought way and everyone would tell I was being a misery sad

Limejelly Sat 13-Aug-11 13:53:12

this way

Marymaryalittlecontrary Sat 13-Aug-11 14:02:23

I was once doing some supply in a primary school and saw a notice up in the staff room that was about the end of term staff night out. It said that the 'theme' was sexy school girls. I felt that was odd that teachers and others who work with children thought that was appropriate.

slightlyunbalanced Sat 13-Aug-11 14:05:03

I think a lot of people over think this TBH.

You ARE all adults not underage girls and its harmless fun. I don't think anyone is going to see you out and then decide to go and perve over a load of 11 yr old RL schoolgirls.

Its a fantasy not a reality.

YABU

PhylisStein Sat 13-Aug-11 14:08:06

I loathe this theme - always have done - why have women got no respect for the young of their sex - why do they not fight for a more equal future?? Yuk! Whole thing leaves a bitter taste!

wotabouttheworkers Sat 13-Aug-11 14:09:08

You could along with the theme up to a point... Dress as a tweedy headmistress perhaps with a wig and glasses on the end of your nose. If you are handy with make-up, you could disguise yourself very effectively! Just don't carry a cane... Totally understand how you feel.

squeakytoy Sat 13-Aug-11 14:12:37

I dont think there is anything illegal about dressing up as a schoolgirl.

If you dont want to do it, dont do it, but dont expect everyone else to share your attitude. All going out in the same colour sounds a bit bloody boring...

mrsshears Sat 13-Aug-11 14:13:08

I hate fancy dress on adults full stop especially the "sexy school girl"
another real cringer for me is adults dressed as babiesconfused why oh why

TartyMcFarty Sat 13-Aug-11 14:24:32

Why would the OP wear a watered down version of a sexy schoolgirl outfit if she has misgivings about the theme? I wouldn't give a fuck about upsetting the bride on this one - I would request a complete change of theme or decline the invitation to parade around with women whose outfits encourage men to lust after underage girls. I would also make this point, very politely, on Facebook if there's a thread or event relating to the plan.

EternalPie Sat 13-Aug-11 14:26:26

my ex was always on at me to get a sexy school girl outfit for role play purposes - I was always left wondering if it was some kind of warped fantasy of his to shag a school girl. It's disturbing how many men find it a turn on though, I just don't get it.

catgirl1976 Sat 13-Aug-11 16:24:48

I think most people are able to differentiate between an adult and a child and think people can get a bit hysterical on this subject. On the other hand I do think fancy dress hen dos are very tacky, but I would either not go, or go and enter into the spirit of the event, not try and change what the bride / rest of group want to do based on your own opinions.

I wouldnt go on any tacky hen night but the theme here wouldn't bother me anymore than 70s, Cops and Robbers, Cartoon characters etc.

slightlyunbalanced Sat 13-Aug-11 16:28:26

Agree with Catgirl. Living in an extremely popular han and stag do town I see massive groups of Tutu/Shirts printed with Tacky Nicknames wearing groups of blokes and girls all the time.

I just think can't they think of anything original? I banned any dress up from my hen do and my male friends came too. Shame the marriage only lasted 18 mnths but hey grin

slightlyunbalanced Sat 13-Aug-11 16:28:47

hen blush

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sat 13-Aug-11 16:37:13

Go as a Victorian schoolgirl and show a daring flash of pantaloons under your pinafore dress.

Are you currently serving in the Diplomatic Corps Tarty? grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sat 13-Aug-11 16:41:52

Cock do (or night) would be equally blush slightly, but perhaps in your case, as in so many others where hindsight applies, 'cock-up do''would be a more apt description of your pre-nuptial celebration? grin

Bulmers Sat 13-Aug-11 17:03:34

St. Trinians has a lot to answer for.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: