Talk

Advanced search

To think that dressing up as a 'sexy school girl' is...

(53 Posts)
Limejelly Sat 13-Aug-11 13:34:58

... A bit creepy and weird?

Have just received an invite to a friends hen night in a few weeks time. The dress code is Sexy School Girls and I am cringing already. I don't mind dressing up, but why school girls??

I hate drawing attention to myself at the best of times but walking around London dressed like a total twat is filling me with dread.

So what do you think? AIBU to suggest something simple like all wearing the same colour?

Birdsgottafly Sat 13-Aug-11 13:38:43

Or sexy nuns, at lest they are adults.

Birdsgottafly Sat 13-Aug-11 13:39:32

least, rather.

peppapighastakenovermylife Sat 13-Aug-11 13:40:17

I have a thread over on feminism about this...although mine was french maids...legal at least hmm

iklboo Sat 13-Aug-11 13:40:53

Or medallion men (vests under men's shirts, medallions, wigs & fake moustaches, temporary tattoos etc).

mistressploppy Sat 13-Aug-11 13:41:33

Gah, I feel your pain. But I don't think you can really suggest changing the theme without risking pissing off the chief bridesmaid or the hen.

Just keep YOUR outfit as low-key as possible perhaps?

worldgonecrazy Sat 13-Aug-11 13:41:37

sexy schoolgirl - it's one of those dressing up outfits that makes me a bit hmmmmm? Why does dressing up as an UNDERAGE girl become sexy? Given the kneejerk paedo-on-every-corner mentality of many people, it's not really helpful is it?

Adversecamber Sat 13-Aug-11 13:44:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MadamDeathstare Sat 13-Aug-11 13:46:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Limejelly Sat 13-Aug-11 13:52:31

Yes me too Adversecamber and I always secretly judge them blush

Darn it! I feel worse now. I was hoping it was only me who thought way and everyone would tell I was being a misery sad

Limejelly Sat 13-Aug-11 13:53:12

this way

Marymaryalittlecontrary Sat 13-Aug-11 14:02:23

I was once doing some supply in a primary school and saw a notice up in the staff room that was about the end of term staff night out. It said that the 'theme' was sexy school girls. I felt that was odd that teachers and others who work with children thought that was appropriate.

slightlyunbalanced Sat 13-Aug-11 14:05:03

I think a lot of people over think this TBH.

You ARE all adults not underage girls and its harmless fun. I don't think anyone is going to see you out and then decide to go and perve over a load of 11 yr old RL schoolgirls.

Its a fantasy not a reality.

YABU

PhylisStein Sat 13-Aug-11 14:08:06

I loathe this theme - always have done - why have women got no respect for the young of their sex - why do they not fight for a more equal future?? Yuk! Whole thing leaves a bitter taste!

wotabouttheworkers Sat 13-Aug-11 14:09:08

You could along with the theme up to a point... Dress as a tweedy headmistress perhaps with a wig and glasses on the end of your nose. If you are handy with make-up, you could disguise yourself very effectively! Just don't carry a cane... Totally understand how you feel.

squeakytoy Sat 13-Aug-11 14:12:37

I dont think there is anything illegal about dressing up as a schoolgirl.

If you dont want to do it, dont do it, but dont expect everyone else to share your attitude. All going out in the same colour sounds a bit bloody boring...

mrsshears Sat 13-Aug-11 14:13:08

I hate fancy dress on adults full stop especially the "sexy school girl"
another real cringer for me is adults dressed as babiesconfused why oh why

TartyMcFarty Sat 13-Aug-11 14:24:32

Why would the OP wear a watered down version of a sexy schoolgirl outfit if she has misgivings about the theme? I wouldn't give a fuck about upsetting the bride on this one - I would request a complete change of theme or decline the invitation to parade around with women whose outfits encourage men to lust after underage girls. I would also make this point, very politely, on Facebook if there's a thread or event relating to the plan.

EternalPie Sat 13-Aug-11 14:26:26

my ex was always on at me to get a sexy school girl outfit for role play purposes - I was always left wondering if it was some kind of warped fantasy of his to shag a school girl. It's disturbing how many men find it a turn on though, I just don't get it.

catgirl1976 Sat 13-Aug-11 16:24:48

I think most people are able to differentiate between an adult and a child and think people can get a bit hysterical on this subject. On the other hand I do think fancy dress hen dos are very tacky, but I would either not go, or go and enter into the spirit of the event, not try and change what the bride / rest of group want to do based on your own opinions.

I wouldnt go on any tacky hen night but the theme here wouldn't bother me anymore than 70s, Cops and Robbers, Cartoon characters etc.

slightlyunbalanced Sat 13-Aug-11 16:28:26

Agree with Catgirl. Living in an extremely popular han and stag do town I see massive groups of Tutu/Shirts printed with Tacky Nicknames wearing groups of blokes and girls all the time.

I just think can't they think of anything original? I banned any dress up from my hen do and my male friends came too. Shame the marriage only lasted 18 mnths but hey grin

slightlyunbalanced Sat 13-Aug-11 16:28:47

hen blush

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sat 13-Aug-11 16:37:13

Go as a Victorian schoolgirl and show a daring flash of pantaloons under your pinafore dress.

Are you currently serving in the Diplomatic Corps Tarty? grin

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sat 13-Aug-11 16:41:52

Cock do (or night) would be equally blush slightly, but perhaps in your case, as in so many others where hindsight applies, 'cock-up do''would be a more apt description of your pre-nuptial celebration? grin

Bulmers Sat 13-Aug-11 17:03:34

St. Trinians has a lot to answer for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now