Talk

Advanced search

To want to smother the kid in the Weetabix advert

(13 Posts)
Beepazoid Sat 13-Aug-11 12:25:13

As above really...the mental screaming he does at the end of the advert makes me want to hold a pillow over his face.

I think i hate the perceived attitude that it's supposed to be funny, when a screaming kid is anything but.

I'm feeling a tad touchy at the mo, by the way; cos i'm 36 weeks pregnant, so be nice to me please...lest i cry. blush

mskatemc Sat 13-Aug-11 12:41:10

I hate that whole advert, with the ironing & lunch mummy and the work and team bonding daddy.

natandjacob Sat 13-Aug-11 12:42:06

I hate the fact they always cut out when the mum talks about her day...do mums not deserve weetabix aswell?!

peeriebear Sat 13-Aug-11 12:44:23

Sometimes they show dad's and son's day, sometimes mum and dad's, sometimes mum and son's. I think it's funny.

I cant believe the eldest boy eats three weetabix?! grin

SmethwickBelle Sat 13-Aug-11 12:51:01

That child is exactly like my 21 month old, I screamed with laughter when I saw that advert. Yes he does make that noise, that loud, for a lot of the day. Has done for many months. And he does the felt tip pen scribbling (if he can find one), pulling tablecloths of and the running about etc...

DS1 was very different, so its not a boy thing in particular, just some toddlers are like this! The expression "terrible twos" may ring a bell?

But do you know what? He's the cuddliest, funniest loveliest bundle, bright as anything, putting words together and potty training himself at the moment (unlike his quieter brother who would have sat in nappies until he was an adult I think....) and the screaming thing doesn't actually matter - it really really doesn't matter, your ears tune it out.

This close to labour I know you're not going to want to think of tantrumming toddlers so I really do understand why its bothering you though, hope you have a peaceful lead up and all goes well x

wicketkeeper Sat 13-Aug-11 15:07:47

I love this ad - as the DM of a DS who had 3 Weetabix every morning and who did indeed chat up girls 'way out of his league'. He's now 20, no longer needs to chat up women as he's managed to talk one of them into living with him, but he still has 3 Weetabix in the mornings...

The two boys are the best part of that advert and screaming one is the funniest (perhaps because my LO has never trashed the house with marker pens and screamed like that - yet!)

But I hate the parents. So yes, YABU, smother the grown-ups instead.

WhiteTrash Sat 13-Aug-11 15:18:04

I love that ad! His screaming cracks me right up!

ooh, just realised you are at 36 weeks, that's when I started to harbour murderous feelings towards pretty much everyone else on the planet for the slightest of reasons.

SecretNutellaFix Sat 13-Aug-11 15:20:53

Yet to me, the ad is a perfect example of why not to buy Weetabix.

I wouldn't want my toddler to have enough energy to scream all day like that!

Beepazoid Sat 13-Aug-11 15:21:54

Thanks for being kind, SmethwickBelle...smile

tabulahrasa Sat 13-Aug-11 15:23:25

I like the idea that he's planning his day, that indeed toddlers do intend to create havoc and scream at certain points just because they can grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now