Talk

Advanced search

to not take the DCs to softplay today?

(10 Posts)
ruledbyheart Sat 13-Aug-11 07:09:27

Ok so not an I hate soft play thread but genuine AIBU, I had planned to take my three DC to a soft play today with new boyfriend so he can get to meet them, but I have had the worst nights sleep and have no energy what so ever.

My DS2 was up for over an hour twice last night having a tantrum (yes they are trantrums been looked into incase of night-terrors etc) and finally got everyone up at 6am even thought they don't normally surface until 8am so I have had less then 4 hours sleep and I'm shattered.

Anyway getting all DCs ready to go out of the house is a mission in its self let alone getting transport to the soft-play centre which would have just about been do-able on a good nights rest, so I cannot motivate myself to go.
AIBU to think sod it, arrange for them to meet my new boyfriend another time and have a lazy day at home?

QueenStromba Sat 13-Aug-11 07:23:48

YANBU, that sounds horrendous. Stay at home and chill out today.

kittensliveupstairs Sat 13-Aug-11 07:25:12

YANBU, tantrums have consequences and soft play is hell.
Can they new BF come to your house or is that over stepping boundaries {clueless about modern dating etiquette]

ChitChattingaway Sat 13-Aug-11 07:28:08

Never too early for a BF to see the realities of being a parent!!!

You're knackered + soft play = hell.

Of COURSE YANBU!!!!!!

groak Sat 13-Aug-11 07:29:46

I don't take mine to soft play / play gyms. Ever, unless part invites are there. I hate them with a passion.

Do the park instead if you still need to get out. Free!

StealthPolarBear Sat 13-Aug-11 07:30:21

YANBU if that would actually make life easier
But will being at home involve lots of whining and you having to do stuff, while being at soft play involve drinking coffee and chatting to your BF while they are entertained?
I meet up regularly with a friend at soft play, because we both get to have a drink and a chat!

YellowDinosaur Sat 13-Aug-11 07:33:00

See I would find staying at home hell in your scenario. I'd prefer to go to soft play. You can get a mahoosive coffee and chill while they exhaust themselves run around like mad.

YANBU though. If you are shattered and this is your idea of hell then call it off

YellowDinosaur Sat 13-Aug-11 07:34:07

cross posted and great minds SPB grin

ruledbyheart Sat 13-Aug-11 08:37:59

Glad I'm NBU, not too keen on DCs meeting BF at mine rather a neutral territory, and would go to the park but the weather is horrible here.
Think I'm going to try and nap on the sofa for a bit and see how I feel in an hour because YellowDinosaur does have a point at least I'd get 5mins peace at soft play.

skybluepearl Sat 13-Aug-11 12:08:32

yes stay at home and recover!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now